• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please Help (brumation temperature?)

marnster

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please can somebody help me with the body the core body temperature necessary during brumation

marnster

Bearded Dragon Egg
And the tank temp is 82.6 I've never did this brumation she never really went in it .but this year since Sept she has been wierd ND hasn't wanted the heat and she won't eat salad just worms her pee is wierd. OMG I THINK IM KILLING HER IM IN A FRANTIC STATE RIGHT NOW

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well right now her body temp is 26.6 c
She actually could be cooler- how are you getting her temp? IR gun? Dragons like cool and dark- ambient temps in the tank should be 65-75 F at night-

marnster

Bearded Dragon Egg
N
She actually could be cooler- how are you getting her temp? IR gun? Dragons like cool and dark- ambient temps in
She actually could be cooler- how are you getting her temp? IR gun? Dragons like cool and dark- ambient temps in the tank should be 65-75 F at night-

the tank should be 65-75 F at night-
o it's a thermometer I bought at the reptile shop it converts to c and f

marnster

Bearded Dragon Egg
N

You know this might sound mean but I really wish I could find someone that would love her and take care of her so good. I just can't I have no income no insurance and I had a stroke in Feb, and I can't give her what she deserves.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
N

Ok so let's go over your tank-- please post a pic of it - I need to see the lights uvb and your basking bulb and what your temp gauges your using- how old is she - how long have you had her-- once the tank is set up properly it's pretty easy w/ her care-

marnster

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so let's go over your tank-- please post a pic of it - I need to see the lights uvb and your basking bulb and what your temp gauges your using- how old is she - how long have you had her-- once the tank is set up properly it's pretty easy w/ her care-
Ty I will tomorrow I don't want to disturb her . . Also I'm not ro sure how old she is ..I found her in my exa backyard in the rain cold and almost greyish..I put her in my shirt and fell in love with her . When I found her I took her to Petco and they. Looked at her and said she was more likely 2 at that time and this was in Jan of 2020. So I imagine she is 5 ish.

marnster

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ty I will tomorrow I don't want to disturb her . . Also I'm not ro sure how old she is ..I found her in my exa backyard in the rain cold and almost greyish..I put her in my shirt and fell in love with her . When I found her I took her to Petco and they. Looked at her and said she was more likely 2 at that time and this was in Jan of 2020. So I imagine she is 5 ish.
I had given her to my eldest daughter band she had her for around a year I have her now . She was doing good until I had a stroke and I'm sick and I sleep alot. And I changed her I closure to a bigger one and I fear it's not getting hot enough at times.. but I'm trying ..I can't even feel comfortable going to sleep tonight I need to make sure the temp is correct. She has never really bruhmated with me . And I've never felt her be so cold to the touch

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had given her to my eldest daughter band she had her for around a year I have her now . She was doing good until I had a stroke and I'm sick and I sleep alot. And I changed her I closure to a bigger one and I fear it's not getting hot enough at times.. but I'm trying ..I can't even feel comfortable going to sleep tonight I need to make sure the temp is correct. She has never really bruhmated with me . And I've never felt her be so cold to the touch
You want these temps in your tank ---- surface basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- ambient temps around 100 on your hot side - 90's or so in the middle and 80ish on the cool side- what size tank is she in now? And the UVB your using is a long tube or a coil which would be in a dome like your basking bulb--- that kind of UVB you do NOT want -- I can set you up w/a good UVB if needed -- also those bulbs need to be changed out as well ---

marnster

Bearded Dragon Egg
You want these temps in your tank ---- surface basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- ambient temps around 100 on your hot side - 90's or so in the middle and 80ish on the cool side- what size tank is she in now? And the UVB your using is a long tube or a coil which would be in a dome like your basking bulb--- that kind of UVB you do NOT want -- I can set you up w/a good UVB if needed -- also those bulbs need to be changed out as well ---
I do understand the necessary temps I' got a bigger aquarium and it has no top.. I probably have the wrong bulb... Sad but im screwed right now as far as money situation since my stroke

marnster

Bearded Dragon Egg
I do understand the necessary temps I' got a bigger aquarium and it has no top.. I probably have the wrong bulb... Sad but im screwed right now as far as money situation since my stroke

Attachments

• IMG_2023-12-02-09-20-59-742.jpg
    IMG_2023-12-02-09-20-59-742.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

marnster

Bearded Dragon Egg
I honestly think it's unfair to her to stay with me ..I want to re-home her with someone who is able to take care of her the proper way.. I use to but it's all different..if she died because of my situation, I could never forgive myself. Do u know or can I recommend where I can find a good person ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You are losing heat out of the top- get a piece of plywood - board cover half - 3/4 of the top it will hold heat if your having that issue -- what is the wattage of the basking bulb ? How big is the tank? And what type of uvb coil or long tube fixture - these are crucial to the dragons health - are you using a digital probe thermometer-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I honestly think it's unfair to her to stay with me ..I want to re-home her with someone who is able to take care of her the proper way.. I use to but it's all different..if she died because of my situation, I could never forgive myself. Do u know or can I recommend where I can find a good person ?
Try your rescue centers- ask your mom and pop pet stores- - you can also post on this forum as well -

Latest posts