• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help! beardie won't eat

Mr.Bliss

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi friends,
My beardie Louie has just turned 1 year and hasn’t had an appetite for the last 2 months.
I received him 4-5 months ago, healthy and with an appetite of a horse, growing and shedding considerably fast.
About 2 months ago he stopped shedding and with that went his appetite for anything he went crazy for in the past..
I have been at the vet multiple times, he received different medications, for parasites mostly, no physical problems noticeable.
He has become very passive, sleepy and not very interested.
We do bath him once every second or third day, he likes that and does drink quite a bit.
He will eat a bit of vegetables but very little and my daughter feeds him mealworms 2-4 by opening and placing them in his mouth.
Temp- 32
Hotspot- 38
and Uvb
Please, any ideas??

Thanks

Mr.Bliss

Bearded Dragon Egg
IMG-6873.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-6636.jpg
    IMG-6636.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG-5787.jpg
    IMG-5787.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice legs :) --- what are your surface basking temps 38 is that taken w / a digital probe thermometer? UVB should be a long tube fixture like a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb --- placed and distanced determined by your screen NO COILS please -- its good your keeping him hydrated -- you want a staple feeder right now your basically feeding him candy w/ the meal worms -- you want a staple like crickets silk worms dubia roaches or BSFL --

Mr.Bliss

Bearded Dragon Egg
Nice legs :) --- what are your surface basking temps 38 is that taken w / a digital probe thermometer? UVB should be a long tube fixture like a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb --- placed and distanced determined by your screen NO COILS please -- its good your keeping him hydrated -- you want a staple feeder right now your basically feeding him candy w/ the meal worms -- you want a staple like crickets silk worms dubia roaches or BSFL --

Thanks for the reply.
Setup is fine and not the problem, i wish it was and a quick change would fix the problem.
I obviously cant keep on force feeding him no matter what i feed him. What else might be
the problem?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks for the reply.
Setup is fine and not the problem, i wish it was and a quick change would fix the problem.
I obviously cant keep on force feeding him no matter what i feed him. What else might be
the problem?
Louie could be getting ready for brumation- is it getting cold there? How old is your UVB bulb? Until we completely rule the temps in the tank and UVB we need to figure out if its something else w/ no eating part- has he ever been tested for parasites ? What does the poop look like -- god awful smell makes you leave the room - ? Real runny? Any of these things could be a reason for not eating? Is he losing weight?

Mr.Bliss

Bearded Dragon Egg
Louie could be getting ready for brumation- is it getting cold there? How old is your UVB bulb? Until we completely rule the temps in the tank and UVB we need to figure out if its something else w/ no eating part- has he ever been tested for parasites ? What does the poop look like -- god awful smell makes you leave the room - ? Real runny? Any of these things could be a reason for not eating? Is he losing weight?

Good morning' just woken up by sirens, crazy! rockets fired from Gaza. i live i Tel Aviv Israel.
Thanks for the help.
he was tested for parasites and treated. There was only a very few eggs, the vet said that it was normal but
treated him anyway.
We are at the end of the summer so the temperature has dropped to about 26-28 degrease
but he hasn’t been eating since the beginning of August when the temperature was 32-35.

My Uv-b is new.
He only really poops once every week or two but it looks fine.
His weight is ok, hasn’t really lost much, we feed him worms by pushing them into his mouth.
He also eats a bit of vegetables but its hard to tell as the heat dries it all up.

Cheers

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good morning' just woken up by sirens, crazy! rockets fired from Gaza. i live i Tel Aviv Israel.
Thanks for the help.
he was tested for parasites and treated. There was only a very few eggs, the vet said that it was normal but
treated him anyway.
We are at the end of the summer so the temperature has dropped to about 26-28 degrease
but he hasn’t been eating since the beginning of August when the temperature was 32-35.

My Uv-b is new.
He only really poops once every week or two but it looks fine.
His weight is ok, hasn’t really lost much, we feed him worms by pushing them into his mouth.
He also eats a bit of vegetables but its hard to tell as the heat dries it all up.

Cheers
So where is the UVB? Is it in the tank or top of your screen if your using one? This will make a difference w/ him getting proper UVB -- the temps you gave me are temps in the tank or your outside temps- he should have surface basking temps of 95-100 F - if those temps are off hes not going to eat -- this is how they start their digestion - what kind of worms are you feeding him? What kind of veggies are you feeding?

Latest posts