• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Play?

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
How long do you guys play with your beardies for/ let them explore for? I think Alex may just want to play longer but idk how long i should keep him out of the heat for. I mean the cool side of his cage isnt hot its around 80 butmy house is 70

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Oh ok. Thought his body needed to be warm all of the time. Is that only after he has eaten? And how long should i wait after he has eaten to play with him.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, i would personally allow them and hour or so basking after eating. 70* is a little cool but he should be just fine while you have him out.

If you are playing with him "Most" of the day. You will definitely want to raise the rooms temps up and give him a few hours in his enclosure to bask. If this is just for an hour or so each day he will be fine with the current temp. ;)

corine milum the

Juvenile Dragon
An thanks too, dont know if im supposed or allowed to big people up on here but you an bushmaster are priceless to me an specs;)

Darrell Asper

Juvenile Dragon
I let ours out, he'll explore and sun in the morning, and when I get home I'll let him out but if its after 8 he'll find a dark spot and go to sleep, or stay on me and go to sleep

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
I believe that if they are raised to sleep and wake up at those times they just learn their bedtimes. Just like my parents wake up at the same time every day without an alarm clock.

Keegirl96

Hatchling Dragon
Both my Beardies have bed times, the timer goes off at 7:15 (yeah odd time but oh well) and by 7 theyre going to their favorite bed time spot and waiting patiently.

If I turn a light on in my bedroom (where my boy sleeps) I'll get an evil glare until I turn the light off lol, my little girl isnt affected by lights turning on/off.

corine milum the

Juvenile Dragon
Lol mine the same bf gets up at seven an if lights go on before then he's not a happy boy. doesn't much like changin to cold seasons either!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Dexter's light goes on at 6am and goes off at 8 but usually by 7pm she's starting to find her sleepy spot. She's very good about sleeping through light and sounds because she's always been kept in our game room and her three froggy roommates have a red light that occasionally goes on during the night.

Darrell Asper

Juvenile Dragon
Speaking of wake and sleep times, here's the goofballs this morning

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384094502517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384094502517.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 65
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384094530790.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384094530790.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 71

TEAMGREEN5252

Bearded Dragon Egg
My big guy hates being in his tank!!! He gets up (lights on around 7am) and gets greens and by 1030 when we get out of class he is going nuts on the front of his tank ready to get out. He comes out and has run of the apt he loves going on the patio and basking in the sun...its funny cause as the sun moves and the shade moves in he wakes up and moves over and back out and wakes up and moves over very funny...but then will find a corner to crash till he goes back in his tank at the end of the night. He gets very mad if when we have other things to do and this schedule changes lol!!

corine milum the

Juvenile Dragon
I cant be doin with the dragons glare either im emotionaly blackmailed everyday by a ten month old that s 17 inches long

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385212824957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385212824957.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 42

Latest posts