• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Play time question??

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Lola and Brody are about 7 months now, how often should they come out of there tank and for how long?? Does anyone know??

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I usually take mine out at least 2 hours after they've eaten so they have some time to digest. Dexter gets to stay out for hours. She's 16 months and she hates being in her tank. She doesn't really run around much so I trust her being out and if she gets cold or sleepy she has a heated blanket she lays on. Luci is 3 months and she is just learning to trust us and is real fast so she only gets 15 min at a time.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I let mine out only when it's hot outside or warm in the house. She's had some real bad tank fever recently so I took her out for about a half an hour. May be less now.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
As long as ur beardie doesnt get cold and u leave them for a couple of hours after eatin id say as long as u have spare time. I get Diego out as often and for as long as I can he loves being out. I live in the uk so it is quite cold at the min so I put the heatin on as soon as I get up b diggy gets out as soon as it is warm enough I get him out in the morn b4 feeding he usually just anuggles in my dressing gown n goes bak to sllep. Then he goes bak in for greens n his first lot of live prey. A coupke of hours later when he has had a gud bask get him bak out again usually by this time hes full of life n will have a good run around n nosey everywhere he can. And same again after tea but hes more sleep then n just likes a nice cuddle n a stroke ;) so yeh id say as often as u can.

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
Thankyou got them both out for about 20 mins tonight and they loved running around, usually it's been for 5 mins a few times a day but making the duration longer now. I'm from the UK too so need to be carful with it being so cold her at moment xx

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Well I just make sure the heatin been on for a bit b4 I get him out. But yeh I say just as often as possible they do seem to b out the tank more weather its to run around or snuggle n have a sleep :)

Keegirl96

Hatchling Dragon
Sydney will stay as long as I let her, she'll just sleep (preferrably on me) or watch tv, Ruger likes to roam around so after about 30 minutes I'll put him back in (he likes to get into things)

Kayla

Hatchling Dragon
I usually wait until my girl has been basking for a little while before I get her out, in the uk it's pretty cold right now so I only have her out for about 30 minutes at the most, sometimes not even that.
In the summer though I am intending on having her out for hours and hours in the garden and in my house because it'll probably be the same temp as her viv when it's mid summer

It's always fun to let them explore and stuff, I love watching haze run around licking everything haha

Latest posts