• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Plant Terrarium in Enclosure?

novarei

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey all!

Has anyone tried putting a small plant terrarium inside of an enclosure?

I have a pretty zen set-up: custom build wooden enclosure, slate tile substrate, has a basking spot hammock, has a cool side hide, food bowls, and sticks to climb on.

I'm making some modifications to my dragon's enclosure while he's away living in a different self-built enclosure at my partner's house: thought I'd take the opportunity for some upgrades.

I had wanted to build it out to look like desert rocks, etc, and I'm fairly crafty, but looking at that task more closely it seems to be a bigger undertaking than I will have time for this year. So I'm trying to adjust some things/bring in elements of that without a total overhaul.

I'm thinking of a plant terrarium because I don't want to deal with my dragon eating the plants, or knocking them over since without it they'd just be potted and sitting on tile, or they'd be air plants just kind of kicking around in there. So I'm thinking of the succulents & air plants.... inside a small glass terrarium.

Some part of me is worried about it breaking? But as long as I get one that's well-made I really wouldn't expect it to.... Here's the two I'm considering that seemed most dragon-proof/safe --

This would go up against the wall with no platforms above it

This one seems "safest" since there are no corners

Salvatorethebeardie

Hatchling Dragon
I think the first one would look cool hung up but if you want it sitting on the ground go for the second! I would personally buy the second one but its up to you!

novarei

Bearded Dragon Egg
I also hadn't considered incorporating plants just by sticking them onto a hefty driftwood piece! Haha

I found these, too, which could be neat.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Both of your first two options look nice (id go with the glass one personally the plastic one might change colors) thank you for making a post like this it , my beardy has no respect for plants she eats and totally destroys them, i like ur drift wood idea too.

Latest posts