• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pita breakthrough (maybe)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So as most of you know Pita earned his name by being a lil butthead. Biting at me hissing at me bit my wife and so on. Well i tried every trick in the book for "breaking" a dragon and nothing would work. Bout 4 days ago i decided i wasnt going to handle him for a few days just feed him and clean his poop and thats it. Well today i went to his tank and he just looked at me for a few minutes then walked up to my hand and crawled on up. I was like WTF lol. Apparently witholding attention may have broke him lol. I said maybe in the title cause only time will tell if i broke his a$$hole streak but we shall see.

oh
P.S.
Updated pics of my breeders on my website.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol i hope pita is broken...who wouldve thought that witholding attention may have worked lol

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is strange. Maybe he was acting out continuously because his actions didnt change anything (how i treated him) ???. I still fed him and what not just didnt try to hold him or anything. its hillarious. We will know for sure in a few days.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Reverse psychology on beardies. Now, that's a new study that needs to be done.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol... Did I hear study ? lol... Maybe we should send all the breeders this as a ... long term test.. ;)...
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It would have to be someone that is ok with withholding attention from their animals. It sucked doing it and even if Pita hates me im not doing it again lol. I just love watching them and not doing it was similar to not smoking, just hard.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The emotional feeling is valid.. however once you remove that, the study is still worth the effort...
Janie.

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Brian and Janie, I already tried with 2 of my babies. I went a week with one and 2 weeks with the other and I could not break the badness!! :D I think it all depends on the dragons mentality! However if I ever produce another nasty baby I have a few other techniques I am working on! ;) I will post details as they arise! ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent... I have no doubts that there will be successes as well as non successes... not failures though...
Janie

Latest posts