• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pink Urates

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maya had pink urates yesterday in the AM on 3/7. They were formed and not runny.
Today: She has white urates and pieces of superworms.
She still hasn't eaten solid greens much. Eating a little bit here and there. And licked off some soy yogurt with added probiotic.

What say you all? I can post a pic, but it's rather graphic and it was yesterday.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Did she eat anything red? How old is she again?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She was given a strawberry the other day. 10 1/2 months. At the end of the month, she'll 11.

I got in touch with a lady who will run the fecal for me just to be sure it's nothing serious. It's better to be safe than sorry.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Better to be safe than sorry. I remember reading once that females when they are ready to lay eggs will get pink urate. Even if the eggs are unfertilized.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't want to lose her and I don't know why she still isn't eating her greens. She may be full of supers so I'm giving her a day or two to clear. I've been pureeing her greens and giving her a near liquid diet to help keep her hydrated. She will not sit in a bath at all.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Better to be safe than sorry. I remember reading once that females when they are ready to lay eggs will get pink urate. Even if the eggs are unfertilized.

If this is the problem do you have somewhere in her enclosure for her to lay eggs? If not maybe you could put a small plastic container full of sand or eco earth for her leg eggs if she is egg bound.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have plenty of room to put a container full of sand or eco earth. Guess what? i had to be firm. She ate her greens. I told her to eat her greens and to go on. She walked over to her greens and started to eat them. Then she looked up at me and waited for a treat worm. I gave her one small super worm. (Right now, it's all I have. The probiotics seemed to have worked. I shipped off her fecal this afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have plenty of room to put a container full of sand or eco earth. Guess what? i had to be firm. She ate her greens. I told her to eat her greens and to go on. She walked over to her greens and started to eat them. Then she looked up at me and waited for a treat worm. I gave her one small super worm. (Right now, it's all I have. The probiotics seemed to have worked. I shipped off her fecal this afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Keep us posted. Yeah, I knew you would win the war. One battle at a time or should I say super worm. ;)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep. She still hasn't touched them this morning. She pooped only urates this morning. They were white.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Let me know how she likes the silks. I want to order some but I'm waiting for the weather to stay nice.