• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Phoneix worms as stable for young beardie?

mckennymccormick

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone! Spike is my almost 4 month old beardie, and for awhile he was having issues with feeding, so I was trying every insect I could just to get him eating. He ended up developing an affinity for mealworms, so while he eats a lot now he refuses everything but worms. Won't eat crickets, dubias, anything. Just worms. I don't want mealworms to be the only food he's eating, so I was thinking of trying phoenix worms (black soldier fly larva). Because I'll have to order them online probably from phoenixworms.com, I was wondering before I buy if anyone has had any experience using them as staple feeders for a baby beardie. Thanks so much in advance!

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i dont have an experience with bsfl but i’ve heard good things. definitely don’t continue feeding mealworms, especially at a young age. they can cause impaction due to their hard exoskeleton

mckennymccormick

Bearded Dragon Egg
i dont have an experience with bsfl but i’ve heard good things. definitely don’t continue feeding mealworms, especially at a young age. they can cause impaction due to their hard exoskeleton
Yeah I know, I definitely gotta get him off of them. I'm kicking myself for ever trying them in the first place because I think he's addicted to them now. I think I'm gonna go ahead and order the bsfl, they've gotta be better than mealworms at least.

Latest posts