• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pet store crickets

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I was previously told by an employee at my local pet store that they only sell 1000 ct. boxes of crickets which is far too many for me to keep at one time. So, I've been ordering mine through a seller on ebay where I was getting a box of 500 for 19.95. The problem is that I have to wait for them to be shipped to me and there is no guaranteed day that I will get them unless I pay for next day delivery. Anywho, I recently found out that I can place an order at my pet store and that shipments come in every monday and thursday. They sell them for 21.98 for 500, but the manager said that he will match the price I was paying online if I bring in the receipt. Pretty sweet. Just thought I would share!

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Great. However, at PetCo, PetSmart and PetSupermarket you can buy one or you can buy 1000.
Also, check this eBay seller, they will sell you 250 crixs for $15.55 and 500 for $21.55, these prices include shipping charges. You can also order 300, 400 or what ever amount you want above 250. They ship priority, I have bought from them a couple of times, and they tell me the day of delivery and they have not missed.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/bill7229/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
well, I'm glad that I can now buy them at the pet store b/c this last shipment I got via ebay was a disaster. I think a bird must have gotten hungry b/c when i went out to get the package all I saw was crickets climbing out! there was a decent sized hole in the mesh. I think I lost about half of my crickets... sucked. I went today and placed my order at the pet store. While there I picked up some large crickets; first time getting the adult sized ones. Already, they are driving me crazy with their chirping, but Rocky loves them! He at gobbled up 3 before he could even swallow the first one! And I can give him fewer to fill him up.

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
Great. However, at PetCo, PetSmart and PetSupermarket you can buy one or you can buy 1000.
Also, check this eBay seller, they will sell you 250 crixs for $15.55 and 500 for $21.55, these prices include shipping charges. You can also order 300, 400 or what ever amount you want above 250. They ship priority, I have bought from them a couple of times, and they tell me the day of delivery and they have not missed.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/bill7229/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

I was getting 500 for $19 including shipping from a different ebay seller. I thought I was paying 19.95, but I just printed out the receipt and I was wrong!.

Kalypso

Hatchling Dragon
I get all my crix from lllreptile. I pay 26 and some change (price includes shipping) for 500 crix. It is a bit more than an ebay seller, but I would rather pay a bit extra and know that it will be done right. Only once have I had an issue where a lot of them were dead on arrival. I called lllreptile, and they sent me out another shipment of 1000 (I was buying 1000 at a time then) completely free of charge the following day, along with some silkworms as a gift. Their customer service is literally the best I have found. Well, them, and mulberry farms as well. I am willing to pay a bit extra for piece of mind! :)

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
that last time was the only time I've ever had a problem. No worries, though, now I know I can get them for the same price and don't have to worry about waiting around for them to come in. : )

Latest posts