• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Peeing multiple times a day

GrumpyNigie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’m at my wits end and don’t know what to do. The last week or so Nigel is secreting clear fluids and some urate multiple times a day. On top of this, he’s frantically trying to get out of his viv . He is spoiled and gets free roam of the house everyday. He has his favorite window he could sit in all day long if I allowed it, but I know he needs his bulbs. He’s so energetic and hell bent on getting out of his viv. The constant scratching is driving me nuts. I have no idea where all this liquid is coming from. I don’t leave a water dish in his viv. And I usually spritz him and his greens daily. It’s just constantly a mess of pee and him trying to escape. On top of this he hasn’t pooped in like 5-7 days. But his colors are so warm and he looks so healthy. Does anyone know what would cause this pee issue?!

Attachments

• E82F5D6A-6E8D-4AC8-B195-3AB1062DE280.jpeg
    E82F5D6A-6E8D-4AC8-B195-3AB1062DE280.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 74

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Can you get a photo of his poop/pee?

Pooping soft, runny poos more times a day than he usually poops can mean he has diarrhea. If the poop is firm and normal, just surrounded by liquid, that would be him getting rid of extra water in his system. He might still be pooping, not just peeing, but the poop is coming out as a liquid.

Diarrhea can be caused by excessive fluid consumption, parasites, improper temps, stress, etc. It can dehydrate him fast, so getting him to the vet is important. Keep him on a paper towel substrate so you can keep an eye on his poops while keeping his enclosure sanitary. Check for any dried-up poo around his vent.
The extra water with normal poops is also caused by too much water.

And, of course, the obligatory questions:
What is your UVB bulb brand and setup?
What are his basking temps?
What staple insect do you use?
Have you made any sudden diet changes recently?
Have you noticed other signs of health issues, such as weight loss?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m at my wits end and don’t know what to do. The last week or so Nigel is secreting clear fluids and some urate multiple times a day. On top of this, he’s frantically trying to get out of his viv . He is spoiled and gets free roam of the house everyday. He has his favorite window he could sit in all day long if I allowed it, but I know he needs his bulbs. He’s so energetic and hell bent on getting out of his viv. The constant scratching is driving me nuts. I have no idea where all this liquid is coming from. I don’t leave a water dish in his viv. And I usually spritz him and his greens daily. It’s just constantly a mess of pee and him trying to escape. On top of this he hasn’t pooped in like 5-7 days. But his colors are so warm and he looks so healthy. Does anyone know what would cause this pee issue?!
Your tank is a Zen I would get some sort of textured liner in there those bottoms are pretty slippery -- I use a textured slated ceramic tile in mine ---- as far as so much liquid what are you feeding --- lots of green peppers any type of lettuce lots of squash ???? we are gonna start w/ diet

GrumpyNigie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your tank is a Zen I would get some sort of textured liner in there those bottoms are pretty slippery -- I use a textured slated ceramic tile in mine ---- as far as so much liquid what are you feeding --- lots of green peppers any type of lettuce lots of squash ???? we are gonna start w/ diet
The zen just came in yesterday. Waiting for the zen mat to come in tomorrow. I usually just give him collard greens. That’s his main veggie. I put some summer squash in last week. Shortly after I noticed the excessive peeing. He gets 3 superworms every other day.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The zen just came in yesterday. Waiting for the zen mat to come in tomorrow. I usually just give him collard greens. That’s his main veggie. I put some summer squash in last week. Shortly after I noticed the excessive peeing. He gets 3 superworms every other day.
Ok the next time he goes to the bathroom post a pic of it please -- diet is usually cause but now I am stumped
Staple feeder ? And like Hooman asked lighting and basking temps please

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Try feeding him a bit more variety with his veggies. Rotate the greens you give him so that he doesn't get bored of eating the same thing every day. You can also offer different kinds of squash, and veggies such as carrots (high sugar-feed in moderation), sweet potato, and green beans.

Superworms are a bad staple diet for him-they're fatty and addictive. They're like a McDonald's meal. They aren't very healthy and should be viewed as a treat only.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Depending on what the poops look like, it might be parasites or eating spoiled food. Depending on where the superworms were purchased from, they might have been carrying them. The only way to know for sure is a fecal test.

GrumpyNigie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok the next time he goes to the bathroom post a pic of it please -- diet is usually cause but now I am stumped
Staple feeder ? And like Hooman asked lighting and basking temps please
Basking temp 95. Uvb is the reptisun 10.0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 65

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Basking temp 95. Uvb is the reptisun 10.0
He can get directly under the tube UVB right? And whats in the dome besides the basking light? I would try getting the basking temp up some more see if that helps -- is there at anytime during the day poop not just pee?

GrumpyNigie

Bearded Dragon Egg
He can get directly under the tube UVB right? And whats in the dome besides the basking light? I would try getting the basking temp up some more see if that helps -- is there at anytime during the day poop not just pee?
Yes he can get under the uvb. And I turned the second basking light on to up the temp. I have him in a bath right now to see if he will poop. Lately none of this pee is accompanied with poo. I’m baffled. Like. Where is all this liquid coming from? He gets most of his water from veggies. But he shouldn’t have this much in his system. He is so energetic and seems so healthy. Very alert. Basking normal. But what he wants is out of his terrarium or to piss in it. He should be happy. Not frantic. I try so hard to give him the best life I can. He’s very spoiled. I’m kinda freaking out over here lol

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes he can get under the uvb. And I turned the second basking light on to up the temp. I have him in a bath right now to see if he will poop. Lately none of this pee is accompanied with poo. I’m baffled. Like. Where is all this liquid coming from? He gets most of his water from veggies. But he shouldn’t have this much in his system. He is so energetic and seems so healthy. Very alert. Basking normal. But what he wants is out of his terrarium or to piss in it. He should be happy. Not frantic. I try so hard to give him the best life I can. He’s very spoiled. I’m kinda freaking out over here lol
Ok so the basking temps your getting w/ a digital probe thermometer? No IR guns for the hammock they dont give accurate temps --- ok so lay off the super worms for now we are gonna try some different diet food - try some different greens do not mist --- lay off the misting as well -- get him on a staple feeder I recommend roaches -- and try some mustard or turnip greens -- does his poop smell so bad it makes you want to leave the room -- I have seen poop w/ the parasites in it and it looks nothing like what you posted -- is the poop runny too or is it formed moist and dark? Usually parasites will cause runny stools and smell really really bad and they dont eat so much -- and if its really bad they can become lethargic as well ---- so I am not real sure he has parasites --- if the diet does not change the poop situation and it continues then your gonna need a vet visit --- it may take a few days for the diet changes to work but we need to see if it does --- here is a website to find a vet in case you need one -- if you do go for a vet visit take a poop sample w/ you NO Enemas --- they usually or can end up in disaster so its best to take a sample w/ you
I forgot to ask are you feeding any kind of supplements?

GrumpyNigie

Bearded Dragon Egg
His poop has never smelled much. I will try roaches. But where do u get them??? Idk if petco has them. My probe thermometer right now is reading 92. Jesus. I have a 150 watt bulb AND a 100 watt bulb going at once. Idk how else to get the heat up. When he poops, 8 times out of 10 it is formed like it should be. Dark as well as moist. I’m definitely going to be trying all those food ideas.

GrumpyNigie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don’t feed him any supplements. The only thing I do though, is sprinkle bee pollen on his veggies because he loves his veggies that way. Bee pollen is like crack to Nigel lol

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I'd fix your dietary habits first, then see if it is still happening after a week or two. Has he eaten anything off the floor since he free roams a lot?

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
His poop has never smelled much. I will try roaches. But where do u get them??? Idk if petco has them. My probe thermometer right now is reading 92. Jesus. I have a 150 watt bulb AND a 100 watt bulb going at once. Idk how else to get the heat up. When he poops, 8 times out of 10 it is formed like it should be. Dark as well as moist. I’m definitely going to be trying all those food ideas.
Google "reptile shop near me". I guarantee you have one closer to you than you think! I'm in a rural area in small-town Ohio and I have one 25 minutes away from me that sells Dubias. Stay away from Petco as much as possible!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Go here and order some roaches and if you want try some silk worms they another great staple feeder- www.reptilianarts.com they are fast at shipping out - the cupped come w/ food you will need to clean containers out daily - the roaches can be kept in a 10 gallon aquriam & or a tote-- feed them dubia food it last a long time and carrots for hydration-- try the diet change and see if it helps w/ all the peeing- start there and if it doesn't change vet visit would be in order

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Petco sells roaches online, but they're absurdly expensive when you compare the prices to what you can get online or at specialty stores.

Latest posts