• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Peaches is Now Bioactive

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
First, she loved her flat Italian parsley plant, left one tiny piece on one stem. I do have another to plant, I think I need to grow more though.

This goes to show how a 40g can be set up with the correct temperature variants.

The right side is hot/basking and it has a 100 watt white basking bulb combined with a 80 watt DHP and she will spread out under getting both. And a Arcadia 12% uvb starting behind the far right basking dome so she gets both at once.

She has about 150 powdered oranges in there not including the dwarf whites/purples and springtails. I also seeded about 60 bsfl in the back plant corner. And dropped about 10 mealworms in there under bark.

The sand is children's( the only safe sand) play sand, the substrate is scott's topsoil(red bag) mixed with children's playsand, leaflitter in it with a bit of reptilbark and sphagmum moss deep in there. The top leaf litter is a mix of oak and palm bark pieces(also in the substrate).

Her two hides are the half log in the front by the door and left side the bark placed on the grapevine makes another cave like area under that and the center piece.

Front half log is 25-27, 27 on the hot side/end and 25 in the center/end.
The knot log/hot side/basking is 38.8 and that is under the DHP.
Bark piece/hot side/basking is 35 and is under the white basking bulb.
Center left bark is 33, just the other side of the center sticking up.
Plant area is 68-71.
The sand in the back is 39.

The sand is about 3-4 inches in the back, hot side and center. It flows down under the center grapevine and that has a lot of soil there too.

I have a bunch of palm bark hiding isopods on the hot side. A moister cool plant zone with a LED plant bulb.

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME SHE NEEDS A 4X2X2 TO THRIVE AND BE ACTIVE, UNLESS YOU ARE BUYING IT.

Our first girl Puff has a 4x2x2 zen and gets less exercise than peaches does in the 40.

20210621_185103.jpg

20210621_185111.jpg

20210621_185207.jpg

Meet Puff and her cage. Oh yeah, you have to love doors scratching on a 350 plus cage.

20210616_120503.jpg

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
Beautiful enclosures :) is some of the palm bark burried?
Lots of it, sphagmum moss and leaf litter all buried. I also just dumped my whole springtail colony in with all the charcoal pieces.

I tried to keep the substrate in the front low as the powdered oranges escape the anole tank when I do the mosquito bit watering( a full gallon) they come a running and I am chasing isopods all over my bedroom...

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
Beautiful enclosures :) is some of the palm bark burried?
And thanks, as you know it will get tweaked a lot until I am fully happy. What is pictured above is the second rearrange. I was even using the coasters to see how far up I had to raise the lights on the stand. So far she is most active in the set up as it is now.

20210618_171000.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If I could make a couple recommendations, i didn’t see any rocks, or im just blind lol, slate is really good as a basking spot to hold heat, and bugs love hiding in rock, and not only for your beardie but for Aesthetic reasons it be nice if u had a background in your enclosure (beardies dont like seeing their reflections, it makes them think there’s another dragon) , cork tiles are really nice… you want as many different textures as possible, it looks like your beardie sleeps anywhere, but if it sleeps in its hide maybe put a soft cloth? my girl loves sitting outside in our plants.

Attachments

• 1181077A-EB9D-4D07-A1CE-8F385233E4D8.jpeg
    1181077A-EB9D-4D07-A1CE-8F385233E4D8.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
  • BC9E7A89-192C-4CE4-9AA7-E6BCD31A4CF7.jpeg
    BC9E7A89-192C-4CE4-9AA7-E6BCD31A4CF7.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • 06E2BBC7-0554-4C22-A61D-2CB033418796.jpeg
    06E2BBC7-0554-4C22-A61D-2CB033418796.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • FB68CE16-F21A-429E-B361-CCAB4A5E9AFE.jpeg
    FB68CE16-F21A-429E-B361-CCAB4A5E9AFE.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 8

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
If I could make a couple recommendations, i didn’t see any rocks, or im just blind lol, slate is really good as a basking spot to hold heat, and bugs love hiding in rock, and not only for your beardie but for Aesthetic reasons it be nice if u had a background in your enclosure (beardies dont like seeing their reflections, it makes them think there’s another dragon) , cork tiles are really nice… you want as many different textures as possible, it looks like your beardie sleeps anywhere, but if it sleeps in its hide maybe put a soft cloth? my girl loves sitting outside in our plants.
No rocks but the log under the dhp is a thick hard knotty log as I call it. Speaking of soft she never slept on her plush I had in her cage before except the one time I put her on it. I use to have the back and sides covered and she isn't bothered by her reflection like puff was. I'm trying to decide to either just a plain frosted cling like I had before(ugly) , a tropical as she wants in the anole tank so bad at times or a typical desert scene. She never used her cave except to dig in. I had 3 birch logs together and a thick fold of plush as her bed. In her old setup, she had the red clay. Yes she trashed her old elephant bush.

20210514_134038.jpg

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
That is a zen isn't it? It looks wonderful, a great set up.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That is a zen isn't it? It looks wonderful, a great set up.
Your beardy seems like she knows what she likes, im not a fan of the fake backgrounds (i feel like its mean lol) i have one for my tokay and crested geckos enclosure, but they’re “ehh” and yes i got a zen habitat, its a glorified “set piece” she spends maybe 4 hours in it then demands outside time, probably should’ve just kept her in the 40gal, but now she has more than enough space..

Attachments

• 9ACE3779-2880-4555-A3E4-8546EADDE6F2.jpeg
    9ACE3779-2880-4555-A3E4-8546EADDE6F2.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
  • D882962D-E112-480F-8CAC-46B275F40A4C.jpeg
    D882962D-E112-480F-8CAC-46B275F40A4C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 11

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
Your beardy seems like she knows what she likes, im not a fan of the fake backgrounds (i feel like its mean lol) i have one for my tokay and crested geckos enclosure, but they’re “ehh” and yes i got a zen habitat, its a glorified “set piece” she spends maybe 4 hours in it then demands outside time, probably should’ve just kept her in the 40gal, but now she has more than enough space..
Except for the doors, I love the zen, my sister got one for puff and she just got the tempered glass doors to replace the scratched one that came with the zen. BUT Dana doesn't want a dirty zen/dragon...lol

20210616_120500.jpg

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
Peaches loves to look at herself now, no stress marks or anything. Both have been held kissed and petted while I am holding them to the mirror, so at least one knows it's herself...lol

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Peaches loves to look at herself now, no stress marks or anything. Both have been held kissed and petted while I am holding them to the mirror, so at least one knows it's herself...lol
Ive done that too lol , i think it helps, let me know how she likes the glass fronts, im thinking about getting them.

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
Ive done that too lol , i think it helps, let me know how she likes the glass fronts, im thinking about getting them.
The glass doors have been in for a couple weeks now and they look great, super crisp looking through them or it's just the difference of hazey scratched plastic doors to the glass.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The glass doors have been in for a couple weeks now and they look great, super crisp looking through them or it's just the difference of hazey scratched plastic doors to the glass.
Good to hear :) i cant stand the scars anymore lol, when you bought them does it come with two or do you have to order two separate doors?

Latest posts