• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Patch on beardies face

Beardeddragon1

Hatchling Dragon
My bearded dragon has a weird patch on his face, on his lower jaw. I’m not sure what it could be? Does anyone know. I’ve thought maybe UV burns from being too close? Or scale rot? Or maybe just stuck shed.

Attachments

• 32DF4AE2-154A-413E-ABB0-952A2DACF056.jpeg
    32DF4AE2-154A-413E-ABB0-952A2DACF056.jpeg
    367.9 KB · Views: 24

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon has a weird patch on his face, on his lower jaw. I’m not sure what it could be? Does anyone know. I’ve thought maybe UV burns from being too close? Or scale rot? Or maybe just stuck shed.
Has he been banging his nose against the glass called glass surfing?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Excessive snout rubbing or glass surfing can lead to injured noses. It's pretty common in water dragons and other large lizards, but beardies can do it too. He may glass surfing because something in the tank is bothering him or the tank is too small. Snout rubbing can occur when lizards spend too long rubbing their faces on the glass, either because they don't understand it's there or because they're stressed.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah he does that quite often actually
Ok so go over the lighting in the tank so we can narrow it down to the cause of him doing it? Size of tank please? And basking temps ? how are you taking them? And UVB brand and bulb please NO coils

Beardeddragon1

Hatchling Dragon
Excessive snout rubbing or glass surfing can lead to injured noses. It's pretty common in water dragons and other large lizards, but beardies can do it too. He may glass surfing because something in the tank is bothering him or the tank is too small. Snout rubbing can occur when lizards spend too long rubbing their faces on the glass, either because they don't understand it's there or because they're stressed.
It happens mainly before he poops & when he sees my rabbit he tries to get out

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so usually they have a burst of energy right after they poop - at least both of mine do -- not sure about the rabbit thing-- I would keep them apart tho -- disease etc

Warreen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sometimes they will do that because they can see themselves you may have to put something dark so he cannot c himself. Just a thought

Latest posts