• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Partitioning off for a sandy part ?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just read Francis post on the use of sand and as I always tend to do I started thinking . . . . ::)

Just wondering, since Pogie is a female and may or may not lay eggs. Maybe I should partition off a part of the floor with sand. Putting in a container that can be removed easilly ??? Should this be in the hotter part of the VIV or the cool end?
Or should I wait for her to show symptoms of eggs.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Iffen it isn't broke, don't fix it.

You can always fix a lay bin later... Doesn't take but a few minutes.
Hope this helps.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah, I'm with Janie on this one ;). If and when you do decide to do it just shoot us a PM. I only have 1/3 of my enclosure sanded these days as I too am "lazy", plus with an expanding collection, I just ain't got the time anymore.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with them on the fact that I wouldn't do it because of eggs. But if you want to separate the tank and have a part with sand for her "enjoyment" you can do that. When I first went from sand to tile that is exactly what I did. Just remember though, they don't keep in the sand in the "sand area". It does tend to end up all over the tank.

Latest posts