• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

parasite help. . . .

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my beardie has internal parasites thats why she is not growing... thats the only thing wrong with her otherwise she is normal so im guessing its coccidia which only eats her food that she eats not letting her get the food she needs.... i have ponazuril which i use for my horses ((same thing as any other ponazuril)) but i dont know how much i should use doses wise does any1 have any advise.... she is 6 1/2 inches long, born in july and idk how much she weighs........

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Check beautifuldragons.com, they'll have what u need,4 sure.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Make sure you check the concentration per ml to make sure it is the same. When i get home ill post what i have on mine. You may also need panacur for cocidia

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Make sure you check the concentration per ml to make sure it is the same. When i get home ill post what i have on mine. You may also need panacur for cocidia
I was going 2 recommend Acidophiliz & Panacur. What do u think?

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i mean the only thing i can think of is to much coccidia or is theres somthing else that can take away nutrients from her to not let her grow and i need to know how much ml and what to get rid of it this is the first first parasite i have ever had in any animal and im scared........... and thanks richard and JeffO for your help

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
nothing to freak about. they get parasites from the bugs they eat. they get cocidia, pinworms and assorted nematodes and junk. my panacur is 100mg/ml. dose is .02ml per 100grams once a week for three weeks. panacur is for the worms and stuff. ponazuril is for the cocidia and im waiting on an email from my vet for that dose. stand by for station identification!!!

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We get it mixed to 30 mg/ml, and
that makes it really easy (1 ml per kg, or more
appropriately, 0.10 ml per 100 grams of body
weight). We dose on day 1 and 3 (basically 48
hours apart) and retest if needed. use this info at your own risk. I AM NOT A VET! you should seek a vet for proper dosing instructions! THIS IS FOR PONAZURIL

Latest posts