• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Paralyzed? Please advise.

OHnatalie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I did buy the correct lighting according to Janelle's recommendation. It's close to 20" above him (I'm guessing), but it is the correct lighting. I did try hanging it lower (10" above him), but he kept hiding from it. I increased the temperature and added a towel covered with a gallon bag and paper towel for him to sleep on but he doesn't like sleeping on it. He prefers to sleep on the bottom covered with paper. I don't let him on anything because he falls and can land on his back.

I haven't tried the dubia roaches. George prefers superworms over the soldier worms. I wonder if he was impacted, which caused hind leg paralysis. That makes sense now that I've researched it. I guess that's irreversible.

I am going to try to mix fruits/veggies for him. He is one picky little fella.

I was distilling lavender essential oil near George's home, but I don't know if it made a difference. I did join the facebook page. Thanks for the recommendation.

I'd love the recipes. Thank you!

Lets touch base on facebook....Natalie Dunlap....pic of blue merle aussie

Lenna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Natalie - I went on FB and got sidetracked. I don't get on FB much.

I did take George to the vet. She told me, aside from developing MBD, he is dehydrated and to soak him 3-4 times a day. She gave me medicine he has to take twice a day. I have to get Fluker's Repta Boost. She said to give him wax and meal worms to help fatten him up. He is 90 g and she said he should be closer to 120 g. We will nurse him for another three weeks and make a call then.

Halgerl

Hatchling Dragon
Hey Natalie - I went on FB and got sidetracked. I don't get on FB much.

I did take George to the vet. She told me, aside from developing MBD, he is dehydrated and to soak him 3-4 times a day. She gave me medicine he has to take twice a day. I have to get Fluker's Repta Boost. She said to give him wax and meal worms to help fatten him up. He is 90 g and she said he should be closer to 120 g. We will nurse him for another three weeks and make a call then.
That vet visit sounded very helpful. Keep us updated!

OHnatalie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry, I too get VERY sidetracked on facebook...especially since I've joined the dragon forums!!! Glad you received some constructive direction. I really hope it is successful for you and your baby :) ....and, yes, keep us posted!!!!

Latest posts