• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ozzy ate his first roach today....

pure_addiction_05

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
The lady at the pet store kinda talked me into trying a roach (and my son did to) today when I was down getting crickets and man, did he LOVE that thing. nIt was gone 1 min after I put the thing in his tank.....treats for Ozzy!!!!

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That's awesome :D Our beardies (and our frilled dragon) LOVE dubia roaches!!!! I don't even deal with crickets anymore. Dubias are their staple now. In fact, we breed them so we don't even have to buy them anymore. We've got about 500 here ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol...sorry, I had to re-read your post. At first, I thought you ate the roach. Yuck. I've heard of people trying dog food before, but not dragon food.

That is awesome. Roaches are not available to me locally. Bernie only ate crickets. But I know a lot on here use roaches as a staple.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i didnt know roaches were banned up there? i know florida blocks em didnt know anywere else did too.

srabeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm scared of roaches of any kind! I saw someone had pictures of a bin full- I almost threw up! Thats one treat beardie probably won't get :p
P.S They look like cockroaches (unsure of spelling)

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
srabeardie said:
I'm scared of roaches of any kind! I saw someone had pictures of a bin full- I almost threw up! Thats one treat beardie probably won't get :p
P.S They look like cockroaches (unsure of spelling)

That may have been me ;D But, a lot of people breed them for their lizards. They're super easy to keep and breed ~ but, if they weird you out, it probably doesn't matter how easy they are :D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
i didnt know roaches were banned up there? i know florida blocks em didnt know anywere else did too.

I wasn't referring to a ban. They are simply not available at my local stores. They offer wax worms and crickets. Very small town.

Latest posts