• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

oxyurus

leticia carvalho

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi! my bearded dragon keep having positive results for oxyurus (fecal test). i think that it’s the fourth time in 2 years! the veterinarian prescribed panacur for her and it was resolved! but now, a few months later, she’s again. someone help me, what can i do? fortunately she never have any symptoms, she’s eating very well as usual and the only thing that i notice is the urate! it turn to orange when she has parasites, usually when she has oxyurus !

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi! my bearded dragon keep having positive results for oxyurus (fecal test). i think that it’s the fourth time in 2 years! the veterinarian prescribed panacur for her and it was resolved! but now, a few months later, she’s again. someone help me, what can i do? fortunately she never have any symptoms, she’s eating very well as usual and the only thing that i notice is the urate! it turn to orange when she has parasites, usually when she has oxyurus !
Please go over your surface basking temps and uvb brand and bulb - where it is placed for the tank-- how old? What are you feeding? How are you cleaning the tank ? You need a good disinfectant like F10

leticia carvalho

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please go over your surface basking temps and uvb brand and bulb - where it is placed for the tank-- how old? What are you feeding? How are you cleaning the tank ? You need a good disinfectant like F10
hi! i use a good disinfectant. i never let her poop stays too long on the terrarium. she’s 2 years old, i feed her with veggies and insects! the uvb is placed on the center of her tank! the temperatures of the basking area are good too, i clean her veggies everyday! the dubias and superworms i give them alive.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi! i use a good disinfectant. i never let her poop stays too long on the terrarium. she’s 2 years old, i feed her with veggies and insects! the uvb is placed on the center of her tank! the temperatures of the basking area are good too, i clean her veggies everyday! the dubias and superworms i give them alive.
the UVB is placed on the center of the screen meaning its inside the tank or top of screen and what is the brand and bulb please

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

What type of feed/gutload are you feeding the insects prior to giving them to her?
Do you know what the levels are of the pinworms on the test by chance?
What type of substrate do you use, a solid substrate or a loose substrate? It isn't unusual for
them to have low levels of pinworms on fecal exams, as part of their normal gut flora. You
mentioned that she isn't showing any signs of illness right now & isn't suffering from weight loss?

Tracie

Latest posts