• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Overnight away

suzy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all I am spending the night out of town this sat. My sons wedding so the whole family will be gone which means no one to turn off heaters and lights at night. Would it be better to leave everything on or turn everything off. It will be about 36 hrs total. I don't want to stress them out with the light but I don't want them too cool for that long either. Maybe leave one heater on and don't feed them so I can leave the UVB off? What does everyone do in this case?

Marquez0352

Hatchling Dragon
You should invest in a timer outlet so it can auto-switch lights on and off. They are an excellent investment.

Marquez0352

Hatchling Dragon
Petsmart in reptile section they have them! You'll love it! And your little one will love you for getting it!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
A light timer is a godsend! You can get them at the pet store but you can maybe find one cheaper at a hardware store.

suzy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
OMG I must be too stressed to think straight lol I have one already I guess I should have thought of that. Thanks can't wait till this whole wedding thing is over

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Feed them real good before you go and leave them an easy to digest salad. Don't do a veggie that will get real hard when it dries. When I left mine I just gave them a big pile of mixed greens.

Congrats on your son getting married! Have fun!

Latest posts