• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Over The Rainbow: Remembering beardies we've lost along the way

Ashytree

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my first bearded dragon on Christmas Eve from Petco...that was a big mistake. Roo was very sick and underweight, incapable of gaining a single ounce. She later had an incomplete shed that left her eye injured. I joined this forum looking for help after two vet visits, but she had a failure to thrive and died in her sleep. RIP, Roo, I miss you so much.
Screenshot 2015-04-12 at 1.36.03 PM.png

BeardedLadii

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am new to the forum but not to beardies and reading this thread brings tears to my eyes thinking of our companions who love us unconditionally with forever innocence and trust in their hearts. Their eyes being a gateway to their souls and their unique personalities radiating. We did not choose them as pets but they chose us as their forever slaves. They were never meant to be taken from us but we can all say weve given them the best damn days, months, or years of our lives to see these guys be vibrant youthful happy nd just plain lovable.

We buried Brimstone yesterday after noon after fighting for her and with her for 3 days. We adopted the little babe from Petco when we ran across her cage on our way to pick up some extra crickets. It was her lucky day being as we breed dubias and crickets ourselves.. we just so happened to have ran out of our adult crickets.. anyway she was missing a tail nd very emaciated. We knew we had to bring her home right there. We got home nd she ate a cricket and fell asleep. The next day she had gotten worse and thats when we found this glorious site and reached out. Though we tried everything we could have possibly done from beginning to end all we succeeded at was giving her the love she needed to finally be at peace so she could rest her head in bliss nd fall asleep on her forever cloud.

Though it stings to have lost her we are at peace knowing we tried and shes probably the happiest shes ever been. My heart goes out to all that have lost their beardedchildren. For they fill a special place in our hearts that only beardedlovers would understand. And even with older children still alive or new babies to come they will always be there filling that hole with a gleam of light licking your nose saying thank you reminding you you will always be loved by their beardedface.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I am new to the forum but not to beardies and reading this thread brings tears to my eyes thinking of our companions who love us unconditionally with forever innocence and trust in their hearts. Their eyes being a gateway to their souls and their unique personalities radiating. We did not choose them as pets but they chose us as their forever slaves. They were never meant to be taken from us but we can all say weve given them the best damn days, months, or years of our lives to see these guys be vibrant youthful happy nd just plain lovable.

We buried Brimstone yesterday after noon after fighting for her and with her for 3 days. We adopted the little babe from Petco when we ran across her cage on our way to pick up some extra crickets. It was her lucky day being as we breed dubias and crickets ourselves.. we just so happened to have ran out of our adult crickets.. anyway she was missing a tail nd very emaciated. We knew we had to bring her home right there. We got home nd she ate a cricket and fell asleep. The next day she had gotten worse and thats when we found this glorious site and reached out. Though we tried everything we could have possibly done from beginning to end all we succeeded at was giving her the love she needed to finally be at peace so she could rest her head in bliss nd fall asleep on her forever cloud.

Though it stings to have lost her we are at peace knowing we tried and shes probably the happiest shes ever been. My heart goes out to all that have lost their beardedchildren. For they fill a special place in our hearts that only beardedlovers would understand. And even with older children still alive or new babies to come they will always be there filling that hole with a gleam of light licking your nose saying thank you reminding you you will always be loved by their beardedface.

That was beautiful. Sorry for your loss.:(

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My Baby Dynasty died in nov;30th 2012-she is very much missed by her Mommie and i'll always remember you dear baby.She passed of MBD which she had when I got her.-She is in my avatar that Germ made for me.river-7

avyrus666

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
8ee6ad57edf7ea306b6fcea1320896d9.jpg

I will forever miss my Tahoe. Such an awesome bearded dragon. Couldn't have asked for a better run. It's always hard loosing a dragon. My heart goes out to those who also, have lost a piece of their heart.

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
my beloved spike passed on Thursday night due to a bacterial infection that he just could beat this time. Spike was a rescue and his previous owner improperly feed him and gave him to much calcium causing him to have gout, he was parasite free but prone to bacterial infections. I have a awesome exotic pet vet who we saw on Halloween and gave him antibiotics but it didn't work this time. he was about 5yrs old. he is greatly missed.20170426_193728.jpg 20160320_091757.jpg FB_IMG_1458403828488.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
my beloved spike passed on Thursday night due to a bacterial infection that he just could beat this time. Spike was a rescue and his previous owner improperly feed him and gave him to much calcium causing him to have gout, he was parasite free but prone to bacterial infections. I have a awesome exotic pet vet who we saw on Halloween and gave him antibiotics but it didn't work this time. he was about 5yrs old. he is greatly missed.View attachment 19003 View attachment 19004 View attachment 19005

So sorry for your loss :(

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
thank you my room feels empty without him but with time my grief will ease a bit and I won't want to cry every time I see his pictures. Sharing about him helps.

Iangie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our beardie, Draco passed away in May. She was 5 years old and we had never had any problems with her. She was was a birthday present initially but we all came to love her. Because of our lack of any problems I think we became complacent with her. The problems all started when we decided to buy a new tank for her, we'd had a teak coloured unit and wanted something that fitted in with the house better, so we went for a glass tank. Not long after this I noticed her tail started to look shrunken, we took her to the vet who said the tail couldn't be saved the only option was an operation. We went through with the operation and bought a new tank for her to come home to and visited the vet every second day for injections all to no avail, a week after being given the all clear the tail looked the same as it did before, but this time the vet didn't think she could be saved. We had her put to sleep that night. We grieved alot for her as we hadn't realised how much we would miss her! The tank remained empty until December when we felt ready to fall in love with another beardie. We've had Athena a month now and we are loving having another reptile in the house, but we also remember Draco and what she taught us about love and loss. Sorry for the long post. I've attached two pictures of Draco and Athena.

Attachments

• IMG_20180512_171452.jpg
    IMG_20180512_171452.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20181202_180524.jpg
    IMG_20181202_180524.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 36

PetraBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
My baby Spikes (7 years) passed 2 years ago, he vomited and everyone said it was normal. Found him dead the next morning. Love you Spikers

GUINEVERE and ELLIOT

Bearded Dragon Egg
HI i would like to remember Guinevere she was my first we got her from a pet store and she had ADV . she had a stink eye. had such a big personality . i miss her so much she fought till the end and so sweet .
j9wnEIpXr_iKxz6mdoPJjlG5vxHbDQ-AXXl2d5AzkbF2-Guw7Cw_m1vUIDHSRZgq4sRgt6lCpMd_6dkq_KL4FPtL7WT3VYKks-aem5X-NuLMiKnLlkhop29HaJ_0l5c4aaxCQb4Ix0RIyoZkzxkSQej8B_noFADzQeLfIV2JcV5as-zM3_6FsWcN1aFox_lt1nhT_li8LLGxdezfq6sbKrCmI2-tqpvD65NcVmDMdFCdnGqtMnnXrjaVcOylpo59EzC13r6mXCAx90O9aGBdKBVuyOHOugsyZcvt-R4MBH3X-J3VZjPpHnDf1akVhyTlc1kpYyq7YS-Ba-UnNyukx1wpnJoI3iWyHOLwNr7VPVlUVeIMc5E5TBtArSSEXjLcdPYznoC0JlMD5P-NwkwmiTPkPfbfVyxEyT-wWz15sOA-gdIjF7ru5QONDvWYOVImeRSY2u_Li9pJSAYAbKX_LG-IhWYS99GYCimf49dLrz46v_NQvu80D-lt07tBecMnWMp4wtLwO2gA5eHYMo4Heok0sTTJFYfGttwF4xg2sZkBnZl34CSvgmKMTpyjiqCqcjzORoZrwNFwpY4c8inlM6gJHSwgtdN3emxszVC2ykZqOXnbz6RxLGK0eTUKvy6L68D2YvgFdby7GlwdBUj8TAHkEBuGt0Y=w500-h666-no
Qm2rs9Dh4hI9j0yITlMZhLKce-wZk3tJTFkM056zupcz7zcR_3iIAsmAquUt4uCc7K8Gz-okx-SfRdPSTCHecwhW2GP4dslK84JEwLncqrM4rREzjiy_Fwp0jO5uXidxQik1oY1LqzJMzoCoU7ZZ-YdHi371wOrkVQ3C9SVRZPtCMjJm8MLh3yimm3hbZX2qKH7Hi_hEV1vZnHKybVxTXlw4VjdnSBSHdbZVLo16G3LpOJB-OHn_o9mtBQSzapmlhaMyd501wABskjK57lF-tx-lP7Gp7Z4b_0mWO5B8sokGQWJA3xVIjt-jshMibXQ_2Ae3LYLy8t3v-VC91pTC3eyZCWkNAcmhh9GR3l2rbyhHXtpsEIPsPENSvxnEoHJropg9QRJUCh_6ZJ8IMrTgPQezvzc5B0471NRT2iLUJ7ePVphAjWghd7p1IRrUdwFbFgVQnJ-1QUQNsEuNboYPZQ2OwSyS2w9gJDCm-KOfwN3oeFcitizv4KhAA2Akpqd-ci9pk1fbpvXJvWo37c1Nhmng0lUt-ms75s1cOohs7Xs9GAT_FvW3Vc96lI3slYg0VF6wuGK6jKlZCD3915bU-IKq_dwGHsO3jVYZJ2WtBtgZ_9zxQejJvoXTxXZgrzSJ_gOsq5h9s9UjMAuEPBa4mqbqW2uIcPg=w500-h666-no

Calicorks

Bearded Dragon Egg
My guy was too young to die. Bengie was about 3 years old when I found him gone. We never had any problems with him, and I miss him dearly. Took me 4 years until I was able to get a new friend.

Attachments

• D6D053D4-5899-4B60-B6D2-3DE0C2D70952.jpeg
    D6D053D4-5899-4B60-B6D2-3DE0C2D70952.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42

jaccck07

Bearded Dragon Egg
Per request, I'm creating this thread for us to remember our beardies that have passed on. Feel free to add your own photos, stories, and memories. May all our past beardies rest peacefully!
I'm sorry to hear this, I remember Allie when I first signed up here.

beardie mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is Ragnar. He was about 4.5 months old when he randomly got sick and died a few days later. He had a cute little beardie personality and loved to chase crickets around his tank. Poor guy.

Attachments

• ragnar.jpg
    ragnar.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 20