• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Outside baths for Frodo and Sam today.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They got their first outside bath of the year today. Separately, of course.

It was pretty warm....and the sun helped keep the water temp up. Frodo was funny to watch. He'd react to me or Bev looking down at him by flaring out, black-bearding, puffing up and opening his mouth. I think he was just scared. Especially if I'd reach down to act like I was going to pick him up. I think Bev was actually afraid of him for once. LOL! But like a real trooper, she took him inside and brought Sam out for her bath.

Sam, she reacted by sticking her head under water and running around 'til Bev sat on the ground and started talking to her. She calmed down after that. So Bev babysat her while I did some things around our outside pond. Unfortunately, once bathtime was over, Bev could hardly handle her to take her inside. Sam was clawing and squirming so bad, Bev about dropped her. Not to mention, she was actually black-bearding for a change, opening her mouth and trying to reach around for Bev's hands. So I grabbed her and took her in. Sam, that is. Not Bev. ;D

Interesting how their instincts kick in as soon as they get outside. For never really having to fear anything inside, the reaction from Frodo as soon as he'd hear a bird was something to watch.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like quite a family outing!

Yes, their instincts are amazing. Whenever we took Bernie out, he would definitely do the head cocking and looking upward, like, please don't get me. Nothing was there to get him. Once in a blue moon, he would do the same if a bird was on TV.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
Sounds like quite a family outing!

Yes, their instincts are amazing. Whenever we took Bernie out, he would definitely do the head cocking and looking upward, like, please don't get me. Nothing was there to get him. Once in a blue moon, he would do the same if a bird was on TV.

It was definitely quite an outing. I'll have to keep an eye on Frodo when a bird comes on TV. Not sure I've ever noticed a reaction from him. He seems to get bored of TV after a little while. Sam, on the other hand, she can sit and watch it all day long. I get a kick out of her when I turn around to see her with one of her front feet up on the edge of the enclosure like she's just chillin' out while she watches it.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Haha! That was Bernie. We don't really watch much of the tube, but when we do, he had a front seat on his log. We called him the bartender at times. Ever seen any prints by Michael Godard? His Lounge Lizard print has a beardie barteding. Bernie posed for this all the time! Here he is

https://www.artifactsgallery.com/art.asp?!=W&ID=17346

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
Ever seen any prints by Michael Godard? His Lounge Lizard print has a beardie barteding. Bernie posed for this all the time! Here he is

https://www.artifactsgallery.com/art.asp?!=W&ID=17346

Nice! I was thinking I'd have to get me a copy of that....'til I saw the pricetag! :eek:

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's really gone up in price. When we originally stumbled upon it back in 2005, it was $500 at a gallery in La Jolla. I wish we would have grabbed it.

Anyway, hubby found a print really cheap and framed it. I don't think it looked cheap.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
It's really gone up in price. When we originally stumbled upon it back in 2005, it was $500 at a gallery in La Jolla. I wish we would have grabbed it.

Wow! Talk about an investment....that would have been cool.

Anyway, hubby found a print really cheap and framed it. I don't think it looked cheap.

Sweet!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craiger said:
Renee said:

Wow! Talk about an investment....that would have been cool.
Yep, messed up on that one. Oh well. I like to think the gallery had a print overpriced.

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
It warms my nerdy little heart to know that you have dragons named Frodo and Sam. If you ever get a third, be sure to adopt/rescue a really old one and name it Gandalf.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Now he needs, Pippin, Merryweather... just to round off everything...
Strider, humm hummmm Tree beard.... maybe just maybe... other additons...
Just a suggestion, Craig ;)
Janie

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Can you get something adorable and albino and name it Legolas? <3 Legolas

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ohhhhh, Bev won't be happy to see where this thread went, lol!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
li said:
Ohhhhh, Bev won't be happy to see where this thread went, lol!

LOL! Trust me....there won't be anything getting named for a long time. ;D

Latest posts