• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

outdoors

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so im thinking about building an outdoor enclosure ?!
whats everyones thoughts on outdoor cages ?

Iv got spare tiles from my tank so can use that as a base and build a wooden fram with mesh around it to fit over the tile section, that way i can move it and clean it real easy. will be basic, branch, hide mayb a food and water dish if bebop is going to be in there a while ?

saw some vids on youtube and looks like some people leave thier beardies outdoors all day ?! is that ok ? im thinking mayb 30min or so ?
its warm enough here at the mo for him to be outdoors ! its been in the high 30's so around (95deg F)

so if you guys and gals could give me some pros and cons on the idea that would be great :)

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I had an outdoor enclosure that was 3' x 3' x 3'. It was entirely made of a thick small holed, plastic mesh that was stapled (heavy duty staples) to a thick wooden frame with a front door that had a deadbolt on it to keep it secure. The inside had 2 upper levels made from wood and wrapped in the plastic mesh and the bottom was entirely mesh so any and all fecal matter just went through the bottom and washing it was as simple as hosing it down and sun drying it. I have had my dragons outdoors at hours at a time but I was right next to them the entire time.

IMG_5871.jpg

IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5873.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thats way better than my idea hahahahahaha nice and simple and still neat and does the job great !

might be a dumb question but did you have the lights in the cage while it was outside ?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was actually given this enclosure by one of my old dragons original owner. I then used it for my rhino iguana once she got bigger an that's why the lights are there. In the summer I put a towel on one side to make a shaded area and put a litter pan with water in there

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The biggest thing is to make sure that the screen is a very small weave. I would opt for a screen like the ones we have for our windows. You don't want any bugs to get in at all.

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Il try make a turn at a hardware store sometime this week to see what they have to offer.

random bugs is one of my biggest worries!!

Latest posts