• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Our Introduction

TinaS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well I guess we should introduce ourselves. My name is Tina, and my youngest son is Eric. Eric may have once joined, but has forgotten all of that by now, so he registered me! I will likely be more active though.
A few years ago, we were given a bearded dragon from a "friend of a friend". Every day for 3 days, that little guy was just standing and staring but always in a different spot. At 3 days, he was dead. He never went after any food.
The friend of a friend gave us another. He set us up with heat lamp and sand and we bought food religiously for her. She was a hearty eater. At about a year old, she went lethargic and stopped eating. The friend told us brumation so we didn't worry.
Knowing what we know now, it was likely a lack of UV for her and possibly calcium as we were unaware of all that. He felt we didn't need the UV lamp. Now we do understand why she never really got up on all 4's to walk around..likely her bone development was lacking.
A shop opened up in town, strictly reptile store. We started talking to the guy there who told us what we may have been doing wrong etc. We read up on dragons (never saw the NO co-habitation though) and bought first Lilly from him and then brought home Rose. at about 5 months of age, we brought them back to have them sexed, and was sure they were both females.
As you've seen my posts today... SHE is a HE!
Thank you to Germ for all the helpful info you provided today privately after my worrisome morning. Rose is now Dale and he is in his new set up alone now.
We plan on re-decorating both "vivs" now...
Myself, I am a dog Breeder... I have 5 show dogs, and breed maybe once a year. dogs are my life, but these beardies are taking over! I'm still a bit intimidated by them, but do handle them alot. I've come a long way!

So here we are...once upon a time it was Lilly & Rose, and now we are Lilly & Dale !

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
DemonShed4.jpg

Pat B

Super Moderator
Wow! What a storyand welcome to BDF!! Beardies are hearty little creatures and usually know what they need such as eating, pooping, basking etc etc. Good luck and ask away with your questions!!

Latest posts