• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Our Beloved Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently added this board due to the untimely death of our beloved Bernie. Bernie passed away last Tuesday. I'm having a really tough time with it. Currently, I am working on a tribute to Bernie, which will be posted on our site. We hope we can all learn from this experience.

Bernie was 4 1/2 years old. He appeared to be in perfect health and the cause of death is believed to be liver failure. HIs diet and housing were reviewed with the herp vet. Nothing stood out of the ordinary. Dr. Ryan indicated that Bernie lived like a king.

All, please be patient with me as I work through this. It really was a shock and my husband and I truly miss him. The family room/kitchen are not the same without him.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wow, I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. I can only say it is really superb of you to decide to share the experience with all of us that love our beardies as well.

I am sure each of us that read your posting can empathize with that you must be going through. When you decide to care for something, anything besides yourself it opens your heart in a different way. You breathe on an entirely different pattern and you see things in an entirely different light.

To share that with others is not only hard to do, but keeps the pain of loss ongoing. However, on the brighter side, it lifts the spirit when you can remember the times you did share. To have a website like this already shows how much you did care about Bernie by wanting others to share information that can help us all care for our little bearded friends a little better.

When you are ready I am sure you will be sharing more, but for now I will speak for myself by saying I wish you the best in overcoming your loss. Hope to hear from you soon and keep up the good work in creating a place for all of us to come together and share as well.

Bearded Bob

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you Bearded Bob. Your words are very kind and I'm trying to move on as each day passes. I miss him a lot.

I am locking this post. I appreciate your kind words, but I intended this to be a posting only and not have replies. It is too difficult for me and only relives the terrible loss of Bernie.

~Renee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts