• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

open mouth

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
whats it mean ? my lil guy is chilling in his viv on the log or rock with its mouth open ! temps are good so ?

he did shed and i did take him out in the sun for 30min yesterday ??? dont know if that could have anything to do with it ?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, if his temps are spot on and hes doing this while while basking it means he is thermoregulating.

Its very normal and they do it to regulate their temps.

Is this the only symptom hes showing?

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
that and now and then will go into his hide for a while !? everything els seems normal ?!

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
good to know !!! it has been really really hot here tho !? so it could be that to ?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, very normal. It's also known as gaping....kind of like a cat or dog when they pant to cool down.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
No worries there buddy, if he is doing this, then all I can add is that it sounds like your setup is about as close to perfect as you can get.
I am also so glad to hear that the little guy is doing well.

Latest posts