• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Once a week poop-is it normal?

Iwantabeardie

Hatchling Dragon
I have a baby bearded dragon that is 6 months old. Since I got him in may he has had increasingly longer periods between poops until now it's almost always 5 days. He will poop after 4-5 days with a little olive oil always. Is he okay? I don't see much solid stuff in his poo and I have a 150w basking light. His basking spot gets 100°F and I have a paper towel substrate.

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He might be impacted. Here's a quote I found on this.

Common treatments involve placing the reptile in a lukewarm bath and gently rubbing the area under the impaction to help the passing of the consumed substance. Place both thumbs on the back at the middle, put the first two fingers of the hand under the belly and rub gently in a circular way until the reptile defecates.

I've never dealt with impaction, but this should help.

Here's another site to read up on.

I wish you and your dragon the best of luck!

Lot

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! A bearded dragon that age should usually poop every other day. Their diet and exposure to UVB and UVA will have an effect on how often they poop. If your beardie is eating insects that don't have much calcium (like crickets) they won't poop as often as opposed to a dragon that eats high calcium feeders (like silkworms and bsfl)

Edit: Make sure his poop looks healthy as well! Here is a site I found on bearded dragon poop:

Latest posts