• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

On a rare occasion

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
G'day guys,

I don't really post pics of my BD anywhere, don't want you guys to start thinking that I don't actually own one lol. Well here's my boy, he just woke up from brumation about two weeks ago and decided to go mountain climbing.

P1020013.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He's beautiful Francis! I love his color. Mine is just going down for brumation now. I only have Frank to keep me occupied now

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow he looks really good for a sleepy head LOL.
I love the decor in your enclosure . . . looks natural. Nice photo

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow.......seven. He looks really good for seven years old. Nice weight, proportional. Did he lose much during brumation? He doesn't look like he's been missing out.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ladyknite said:
Wow.......seven. He looks really good for seven years old. Nice weight, proportional. Did he lose much during brumation? He doesn't look like he's been missing out.

Oww thanks Gina, he keeps fit for an old boy. I keep all my specimens "lean". He did not lose any weight during brumation, never really lost any weight during brumation the whole time I've had him. Fat tail but very little fat storage anywhere else with this boy.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was actually just about to make a post on how lean he is. Compared to most dragons I've seen in the US they are blimps compared to your guy. Personally I think the leaner look healthier IMO. The rest look like sumo wrestlers to me lol

Gizmo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ooooo hes a sweetie! Did you make that rock wall or buy it? me likie!!! ;D

hanfon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey Francis, you being a fellow Aussie, and a beardie expert, can you tell me what types of veg and bugs you feed your beardie? Cheers :)

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hanfon said:
Hey Francis, you being a fellow Aussie, and a beardie expert, can you tell me what types of veg and bugs you feed your beardie? Cheers :)

I would not say I'm an expert mate but here you go, my staples for my BD.

Feeders:
Wood roaches
Crickets
Silkworms (when their in season)

Vegs:
Bok choy
Wong bok
Butternut pumpkin
Red capsicum
Cucumber (for hydration purpose only)
Endive
Kiwi fruit (as a sweetner)

Cheers,

hanfon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
cheers for that, sounds pretty much what Im feeding my fella. Just recently discovered woodies here, (instead of crickets) Pluto LOVES them, cant get enough ... Just wanted to check Im on the right track 8)

Latest posts