• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

oliver isn’t eating

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i got my baby beardie yesterday. i have had a salad in his cage since i got him, but he hasn’t eaten any. he ate three crickets yesterday, which i know isn’t enough for a baby. he also didn’t show interest in them until i held them with tweezers in front of his face, and even then he wasn’t eager to eat. he hasn’t eaten at all yet today and it’s already 1! he didn’t want any crickets, so i tried some small worms and he didn’t want those either!! i’m worried that he won’t get enough protein or calcium (the insects are dusted). the temperature and humidity are correct on both his basking side and cool side. he spends most of his time basking. he pooped yesterday, and it looked healthy, but it wasn’t from anything he had eaten since i’ve brought him home. i even tried to hand feed him some strawberries to get something in him! i know he needs time to adjust to his new home, but i’m just worried about him. is there anything i can do? thank you!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 14

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Normally baby bearded dragons are picky about vegetables anyway. He's probably just adjusting to his new home I would keep offering crickets and always keep a salad in there. I would also try misting the cage.

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Normally baby bearded dragons are picky about vegetables anyway. He's probably just adjusting to his new home I would keep offering crickets and always keep a salad in there. I would also try misting the cage.
thank you. i’m worried about the humidity going up too much if i mist it. its 25% on his basking side and 37% on his cooler side right now

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Actually that's a little on the low side, a bearded dragons humidity should be between 30% and 40% so I wouldn't be too worried about it being too high. Also misting can encourage a bearded dragon to eat and bearded dragons like to lick the water off the inside of the cage, so that the bearded dragon does not get dehydrated. But it's up to you if you want to mist the bearded dragon or not it is your bearded dragon.

averyhanna_

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Actually that's a little on the low side, a bearded dragons humidity should be between 30% and 40% so I wouldn't be too worried about it being too high. Also misting can encourage a bearded dragon to eat and bearded dragons like to lick the water off the inside of the cage, so that the bearded dragon does not get dehydrated. But it's up to you if you want to mist the bearded dragon or not it is your bearded dragon.
thanks so much! i’ve been doing so much research and so many different people say different things!! you’ve been so helpful thank you. i have one more question though. i just put a few crickets in and is it okay to mist the cage while they’re in there?

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well thank you for taking good care of your bearded dragon and actually taking the time out of your day to care for it properly. Yes you can mist the cage while they're in there.