• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ok guys i need some advice, please

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have been feeding storm in his cage since day 1 . I bought a larger tall bin thing to feed him in ( Seperate from his cage) I put him in there to feed him , but he freaked out and wouldn't eat, do I just keep trying? Also we got vitamins with d3, not good right? No d3 is what I read right? How many crickets should he be eating, his body fits comfortably in my palm ( no tail) he's only eating is say about 20 crickets a day, I put greens and fruit in his cage daily, he wants Nooo part of them....please help, thanks so much

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
if you have proper uvb lighting then d3 is not needed. uvb is what helps there body to produce d3. if he's been eating in his cage, why change? how long is he and how much does he weigh? 20 crickets may be enough. put greens in cage first. wait about an hour or so then put in crickets.

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm not sure how much he weighs, I will measure and weigh him and get back to you! My uv light is the reptile sun 10.0 one so lm good there, ill feed him the vitamins twice a week and calcium the other. I want to change because I won't take the crickets out, id rather dump them back into the container, they hide and I'm worried that they will start bitting at my storm

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Usually you want the Calcium WITH D3 unless you are using a MVB (Mercury Vapour Bulb). The MVB bulbs offer a different spectrum of UVB with amplifies D3 production int he dragons. If you use a Repti-Sun 10.0 then you shoyuld be using Calcium with D3 5 - 6 times a week and a Multi-Vitamin 1 - 2 times a week.