• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

OH NOOO!!!

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I just woke up to get my kids up for scholl when into see my beardies and turn the lights on and i have eggs from my female that i got last week! please help what do I do with the eggs theres 2 right now still looks like she may have some and the eggs are not together wouldnt she lay the eegs together? and i thought she would dig a whole she just layed them on the sand!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can either start a hole deep enough in the existing sand, or make up a lay bin with dampened sand deep on one side, shallow on the other. set up a shop light on the shallow side aimed at the deep side. Place her in the bin and start the hole,,, she should take it from there. Once they are all laid, and she buries the nest, she can be removed, bathed and fed, extra cal on insects and salads for the next two weeks.. freeze the eggs, and toss them outside in the garbage.
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep seems like Janie has you pretty well covered. How old is your female? she seemed very young in the photos you had. And this post leads me to another question are you 100% certain on the other dragons sex?

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i ve only had them a week i dont think that tehy mated i think she had the eggs in her before i got her! she 18 months

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So the deed was done prior to your getting them... I feel it is really important to get them separated, as he will continue to breed with her, and she will continue to lay eggs about every month or so. If separated, she can be given the care needed for a gravid female, raising her chances of full recovery.
Just my suggestion.
Janie

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
highly appriciated too thank you so much .Any advice for me on how to make an incubator to hatch the eggs?...Please excuse all my post with the miss spelling of words.My son spilled orange drink on my keyboard and its still a little sticky mess new keyboard will be comming in today LOL

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
At this point, pass on the incubator. You would have to have one set up and already running , so this clutch is a wash. If you are interested in hatching out, then you will want the incubator, set up and running, and enough separate containers with uvb, and heat to house max 5 babies each, and more containers again with uvb and heat for further separating, as well as enough feeders to sustain these babies through 6 months. That's a lot of resources... It's your choice, though were it me, I would just remove the eggs, and freeze them.
Hope this helps,
Janie

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok thanks so much Janie you helped alot!!!I dug a hole for her although she is still staying in the same spot should i move her to the hole she is laying on an egg right now!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Does she see the hole ? I'd give her some space... let her finish her current egg, and then gently place her, nose first, into the hole... If she continues to ignore it, then allow her to finish up this clutch. You should be seeing high teens to low twenty count eggs.
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
so the other dragon is a male than? I was under the impression from your previous posts that you had two females.

here is a link for some general breeding info
http://www.mybeardie.com/breeding-bearded-dragons.php

Do you know the genetics of these two? Are they siblings? If they are siblings you want to toss the eggs, if you dont know if they may be siblings you want to toss the eggs. As far as incubators go im not sure what kind of suppliers you have over there but if you can find a havobator itll be the easiest to use for the next clutch.

If they are male and female (which i suspect from the current situation it is possible) then they need to be seperated asap. That is the most important thing currently.

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Im sorry for the confusion i have 4 beardies i have 2 males and 2 females i had 2 people reply to a post i had that i was looking for beardies and both people had male/females so thats what i ended up with! I kinda have my hand full right now LOL the people that i got my first set of beardies from about 6 weeks ago gave me an ill female and im doing everything i can right now to get her well again.now I have a female laying eggs which I am taking all your advice and letting her do her thing freeze the eggs and throwing them out only because right now my main concern right now is my other female.she was so not takin care of and probly not loved at her other home.sometimes she looks dead to me and that really scares me!lastnigh i recieved my parazap in the mail and gave her the first dose of it and starting her second as we speak and then she will be getting her bath. i have seen a vet with her unfortunalty not a rep vet and he said she is clearly in stress but i also spoke with online vets and well they didnt tell me anything that i havent read online or from reading other sick beardie post and advice...she was eating fine and pooping her color looks good her color still looks good she did eat a few crickets last night but she stopped eating veggies and I havent seen any poop in the tank so basically im back at square one again hoping the parazap kicks in!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah. So you have two pair each of m/f dragons. How are they housed ? Is it possible to separate all 4 into individual enclosures ? Glad to hear the sick girl showed improvement !
Perhaps you might want to consider reducing your dragons down to the two females, that way both of them can receive the best attention ?
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So who is housed with whom? The sick female im sure is quarantined. That leaves 2 males and 1 female. Im just trying to figure out who is living with who here cause i saw your old post where you had 2 living together.

Good luck with your sickly female. Is she in a quarantine styled tank (ie minimal accutraments and a easilyr replaceable substrate like papertowels, also it is good to clean a tank with a sick animal in it every other day if not daily to keep her from recontaminating herself).

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i have my sick female and my new male in there own tanks then i have the new female in a 90 gallon tank with my male that i got 6 weeks ago just till i get my other 75 gallon and i figured a week or so wouldnt hurt anything lol low and behold she was already holding eggs lol the reason i separated the new and female incase your wondering is because my new male also looks to be on the thin side so i desided to just have him in a tank by himself so i could regulate what hes eating! i seem to have to find out what he likes because lastnight i gave him mustard greens along with crickets and sliced carrots the carrots are gone but everything else is in the tank still so hes a picky one im seeing! I use to have beardies 16 yrs ago and i remembered hem being so friendly and easy to care for so i desided seeing my kids were getting a little older and wanting a pet i was going to get back into having my bearded dragons again..Im not a cat or dog person i love reptiles except snakes they horrify me lol! i think i got 2 sets of bearded dragons that people just stopped caring for and just wanted to get rid of and god sent them to me knowing i have a big heart and knowing i will do what i have to to keep them alive and get them better and im really doing my damest for her.i know you guys are probly like but you dont know **** LOL Im really trying i have read up on just about every website paid to talk to online vets that didnt really help me took her to my local vet because i cant find a rep vet here! and just pad to have this parazap mailed here i dont care about the money im just running out of ideas which if frusterating me! and she isnt getting better now she stopped pooping! the other female has still only layed 2 eggs!!!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
First... Deep breath... relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax. okay. the only important factor here is you have the desire to do the best by all 4 animals. that's great ! I think we should focus on the sick female, as the thin male (were these two the first pair ?) can recover with basic needs fulfilled.
Now. A second enclosure is planned, but that will leave a male with a female, correct, and she is currently laying eggs.
I just want to make sure I have all the information in line.
You said you don't have a herp vet close, perhaps we can aid that search... more eyes you know. General area,city, country...
You are dosing with the Parazap for suspected parasites. Have you tried to offer a pro biotic ? Sorry if that information is elsewhere, I'm concentrating on this thread. If it is, please point me to it, and I will read up further.

I would also suggest limiting carrots to snacks once a week, for now. How are they all taking protein ?
hope this helps... we're still here on your side to help out.
Janie

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ok let me try to say this better for ya lol I got my first 2 beardies m&f about 6 weeks ago! my 3 & 4 th M/f last weds! now the m/f thats together in the 90 gallon tank is the male that i got 6 weeks ago and the female i got last weds.the female i got 6 weeks ago is the one thats been ill. the male i got last weds is the one that seems very healthy just a picky eater and on the thin side!If yu go to my facebook you can see pictures my name to look up is Janet Buehler kennedy! i have not tried any antibotic Im not even sure what i would give her the parazap is the only thing i have tried and like i said i have only given 2 doses so far one last night 1 this morning!im located in delmar ny 12054

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh and as far as my thin male he isnt horribly thin like my ill female his tail is fat im even wondering if maybe he isnt really thin and just a younger male then the people that had him told me her was!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, did a google search and found this #
518-250-9998
2 Rocking Horse Lane, Guilderland, NY 12084
try them.
You don't want to do an antibotic, but a Probiotic... Soy yogurt or Acidophiliz. I found the Acidophiliz at Walmart in the vitamin section.
Hope this helps,
Janie

ferris2f

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I called guilderland they told me they no longer deal with reps the dr that use to retired!

Latest posts