• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Odd, Spiky Worms In Crickets?

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I was feeding Willow her cricket's today when i noticed some strange, dark spiky worms in the feeder box nestling on the cardboard carton :eek:
I didn't pay much attention to them and avoided feeding them to her, only shaking the crickets into her viv. Until later today i found one of these
black_ground_beetles_20110522.jpg

Inside her enclosure! could the worm be the larva for this black beetle? there's no other way it could have broke into her viv.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Could they be larvae from past mealworms or supers? Were those beetles in your feeder box as well?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, I think that's what happened.

jessica domke

Juvenile Dragon
just bout every time i bought crix..whether it being from petsmart, petsupermarket or a bait shop..almost always wuz there a few of these lil black beetles. i never allowed my beardie 2 eat em & just always got rid of em. not sure y petstores or bait shops always have these beetles in w/some crickets tho?? never seen small lil worms tho, do u clean ur cricket cage regularly? every day or every other day? if so, no idea wut the worms wud be??

cherryfilters

Juvenile Dragon
i got that spiky worm once when i got my crix but got rid of it because i didn't want my bd eating it. :x

Latest posts