• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nyx ate greens!

Gail

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Some of you may know that I've had a bit of trouble getting Nyx to eat anything. The first month she was here I basically had to shove dubia in her mouth so she wouldn't starve. After trying various feeders I found that she prefers hornworms and other soft bodied wormies but still wouldn't touch greens despite eating them well for Brian.
I finally ran out of horns and the silkies are still too small for her so yesterday I offered her greens with a few wax worms. To my surprise she tore into the greens, eating so fast she almost made herself choke. I don't know why she suddenly decided greens were good again but lets hope it continues.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's great. The key now to greens is a good variety. Mix it up every couple of days.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Woo-hoo! Gotta love when the veggie/green strike is over.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
congrats I guess lol. She had been eating greens since her first meal (all my babies did). Glad she is finally acting right.

Gail

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, I know she did. Se has just been such a little pain in the butt lol. The victory was short lived though, she wouldn't touch them today. Little does she know that the bugs will be cut off when she is older, one way or another she will have a healthy diet:)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She will eat them again...Piggy did the same thing, some days love her greens one day, hate them for a week, love them for 2 weeks hate them again and so on

Latest posts