• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nutrition and Diet Change

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
I've been looking at different foods available for my babies I've also found the nutritional values of them and their ingredients when do you think I should start using them? At the moment the babies are: Nibbler 10.5 inches and Charlie 10 inches almost. I feed 3rd Moult Hoppers. Here are some other live food I'm not sure when do you recommend I start feeding:

Silent Crickets
Meal Worm
Wax Worm
Morio Worm
Silk Worm

Is there any other type of bug or worm I should be looking out for? Beetles too what type of beetle is safest?

Here comes the tricky part I'm just going to copy and paste the information I've found and would appreciate it if anyone could tell me the best time to start feeding each or if I should avoid them.

Zoo Med Juvenile Bearded Dragon Food

This juvenile formula was specially formulated for growing dragons. The correct ratios of protein, calcium, and fibre make up this new food to help your bearded dragon grow up big and strong! They will enjoy the flavourful Dandelion Greens and other nutritional plants. This food contains no artificial colours, flavourings, or preservatives.

Main Flavour:
None Stated
Suitable for pets of the following lifestage(s):
None Stated
Suitable for pets with the following dietary requirement(s):
None stated
Composition:
A complete food for Juvenile Bearded Dragons
Soybean Hulis, Dried Lima Beans, Suncured Alfalfa Meal, Rice Bran, Wheat Middlings, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Whole Ground Wheat, Escarole, Endive, Calcium Carbonate, Fish Meal, Glycerin, Marigold Petal Extract, Yeast Culture, Dried Dandelion Greens, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Soy Lecitch, Direct-Fed Microorganisms, Dried Yeast, Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisae Fermentation Solubles, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Garlic Extract, Anise Extract, Chinese Cassia Bark Extract, Horseradish, Juniper Extract, Natural Flavoring, Yucca Schidigera, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Zinc Methionine Complex, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin E Supplement, Preserved with natural mixed Tocopherois, Rosemary Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Vitamin A Acetate,Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Chloride, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite.
Analytical Constituents:
Crude 24%, Crude Fat 3%, Crude Fiber 13%, Moisture 13%, Ash 10%, Calcium Min 0.8%, Calcium Max 1.2%, Phosphorus 0.5%, Sodium 0.3%
Feeding Guide (approximate per day)
Feed an amount of food appropriate for the size and quantity of your pet. Mix with ZM Can O’ Mini Crickets and ZM Can O’ Mini Mealies for added variety.

Can O' Worms

Medium size mealworms. Ideal for most lizards, turtles, fish, birds and Small animals.

Main Flavour: None Specified
Do not use for hatchling lizards or small amphibians
None stated
Composition:
A complementary food for lizards, Turtles, Fish, Birds & Small Animals.
Farm raised Mealworms (Tenebrio Molitor).
Analytical Constituents:
Crude Protein 17%, Crude Fat 5%, Crude Fibre 1%, Crude Ash 3%, Moisture content 70%.
Feed an amount of food appropriate for the size and quantity of animals.

Lucky Reptile Herb Cobs

Contains many herbs rich in natural minerals and crude fibre. An excellent food supplement for tortoises and bearded dragons.

Main Flavour: None Specified
All Lifestages
None stated
Composition:
A complementary food for Tortoises and Bearded Dragons.
Hay.
Analytical Constituents:
Protein 11.5%, Fat 3.4%, Fibre 23.8%, Ash 8.3%.
Feed an amount of food appropriate for the size and quantity of animals. Feed dry or add water. Can be fed separately or mixed with other suitable foods.

Juvenile Dragon Moist Diet by Exo Terra

Exo Terra Bearded Dragon food is a delicious reptile diet, carefully formulated to ensure proper growth and health by providing complete and balanced nutrition.
The diet contains natural plant and fruit ingredients which provide complete daily nutrition. Exo Terra Bearded Dragon food is fortified with optimal levels of vitamins, minerals and amino acids so no other food supplements are required.
Exo Terra Bearded Dragon food is a complete reptile diet for bearded dragons.
Ingredient(s):
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Fish Meal, Wheat Flour, Wheat Gluten Meal, Rice Hulls, Dried Earthworm, Fish Oil, Textured Soy Protein Product, Rice Bran, Dried Lima Bean, Calcium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Lecithin, Aluminum Calcium Silicate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Yeast Extract, Silicon Dioxide, Licorice, Dried Endive, Anise, Garlic Powder, Ground Chinese Cassia, Aloe Vera Gel Concentrate, Paprika, Ginger, Potato Meal, Juniper Extract, Papaya, Ethoxyquin (preservative), Vitamin A Acetate, Cholecalciferol (source of Vitamin D3), Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, d-Calcium Pantothenate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Inositol, Biotin, Niacin, Manganous Oxide, Ferrous Carbonate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate.
Additives:
Crude Protein (min) 30.0%, Crude Fat (min) 4.0%, Crude Fiber (max) 12.0%, Moisture (max) 8.0%, Calcium (min) 0.8%,, Calcium (max) 1.2%, Phosphorus (min) 0.5%, Vitamin A (min) 20 IU/lb, Vitamin D3 (min) 10 IU/lb.
Feed every morning slightly more food than one Bearded Dragon can eat in a day, and allow easy access.
Remove any uneaten food and clean the dish at the end of each day. Provide a separate feeding and drinking station for each individual animal housed in the same enclosure.
Have fresh and clean water available at all times.

I've never tried any of these I've always stuck to my tried and tested bugs and veg but as they say a change is as good as a rest.

Any opinions? They would be most appreciated. :D

Latest posts