• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not too happy..

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So Charlie's uvb has to be replaced. I went shopping a few days ago and bought a Repti-Sun 10.0. I come home, take his old bulb out, was about to get the new bulb in when.... IT DOES NOT FIT! His other bulb (which was a Repti-Glo 8.0) was a t8, and the Repti-Sun I just bought was a t12! Grrrr I'm not too happy. Now I have to go out and buy yet ANOTHER fixture..

Not a lot of shops here sell Repti-SUN 10.0's. 2 that I can remember sells them. The one I bought was Like 38 bucks. And this shop only sells t12 Repti-Sun 10.0's. I know of another shop that sells them. If I remember correctly, this other shop sells 36" & 48" bulbs in t12 form, and I THINK the smaller sizes came in t8's. The only downside (if they DO have the t8 bulbs), is that they charge 50 bucks!!!! How outrageous.

So I'm in a situation where I pay 50 bucks for a bulb + keep my current fixture, or keep the t12 bulb I already have (plus I read a thread on here saying Zoo Med is discontinuing the t12's), and buy a NEW fixture (that holds t12 bulbs, or course).

Yep, just a liiiiiittle bit of a rant.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have no flippin idea how to buy online.... lol. Just haven't done it.

I would like to buy from Pet Mountain but I don't think they ship to Canada....?

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
They do ship to Canada I just checked so no more excuses!! :p It's pretty simple, the checkout system walks you through it. You will need a credit or debit card.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh really? Because I was reading a post a little while ago on this forum saying that Pet Mountain does not ship to Canada. Guess I'll check that out then!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Big Als is in Canada.. More expensive to be sure, but once ordered, it should be there in two weeks.
Hope this helps.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Whatever your choice, here's the deal.
the T-12 fixture will hold T-12 and T-8 bulbs
the T-8 fixture will only hold T-8 bulbs.

I'd choose the cheaper of the two fixes.

Latest posts