• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not sure if this is tail rot?

Jhogo101

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've been searching like crazy and asking fellow beardie owners but i get differing answers. I am very worried about my little one. Please help and thank you.

Attachments

• 20180904_164406.jpg
    20180904_164406.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 93

Patti

Bearded Dragon Egg
Doesn’t look like tail rot to me. My lizards tail is like that and so have my previous two lizard’s tails. With tail rot it’s usually triggered by something like an injury or shed that got stuck. Is the tail still flexible? Does it have a different texture than the rest of their scales? If it doesn’t feel strange or isn’t injured it’s likely not tail rot, but part of their pattern or the start of a new shed. Make sure the next time they shed it all comes off. If you realize it’s brother or starts to peel off take them to a vet right away if possible because it could get infected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patti

Bearded Dragon Egg
That was meant to say brittle, not brother.

bongothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
It doesn’t look like rot, I posted pics on my profile of my beardies tail and someone said it wasn’t tail rot. My dragons tail looks a lot like yours, so I doubt it is. Keep an eye out though. Is he shedding? His body looks the whitish shed color.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree, it doesn't look like rot. Sometimes as they shed their tails become a different color and sometimes even as the skin sheds off the different color stays.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not tail rot at all that's normal coloring for their tail for before shedding, when they are excited, when angry, or just normal for him.

Colleen

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just posted the same thing. His tail was alwAys darker but as his body has become vibrant his tail has gotten darker.
6274a83e4a9b7113af152369d133b83c.jpg

Latest posts