• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

not so piggy

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
so i have 2 young guys. they're about 9 inches now. the smaller one of the two has grown to be the bigger one and eats like a pig. now our bigger one is the smaller one. she doesn't eat as much as she should. maybe 40 crickets a day while the other eats 80, give or take. they both have repti-sun 10.0's, they both have 75 watt household bulbs as their heat, and 100 watt basking bulbs. they have tile as the sub, they get calcium with d3 5 times a week, multi-vitamin twice a week. maybe once a week they get waxworms. she definitely weighs less than the sibling, i can tell just from holding each one. i don't really have a question, just a concern i guess. i have noticed she's missing a small bit of her tail. i'm thinking of feeding them out of a jar like pogie does. maybe that will help her eat more

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd give her a bit of time. It sounds like your setup is fine. If you temps are spot on (105-110F basking/85F cool), then it is probably due to an adjustment. 40 crickets a day isn't bad.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
40 isn't a bad amount. Some just don't eat the huge amounts. Are they separated or together?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great, just making sure. That would have been my first thought.

Since all is set up the same and seems to be good, I would think relocation stress. I would let her be for a few days, even cover the sides of her tank to give her some peace.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Crystal... have you tried papering 3 of the 4 sides to limit visual stresses ?
Gemini wouldn't eat much, was the smallest of the three I had at the time... I was new to the hobby... The breeder of Gem saw pictures I had posted, and sorta pulled me aside and suggested the papering... I did.. and now look at my Gem ! Monster I tell ya.. He's a monster ! lol
Hope this helps out !

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
lol fat babies is always good. i've been trying new ways to feed them. i tried the jar and that works for awhile. then i tried putting them in a smaller enclosure. sometimes that works but not alot. weezer, my fat baby, eats no matter where he is. m'lynn is my picky little brat who opens her mouth at whoever sticks their hand in the enclosure and tries to run.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
oh of course. now weezer is proving me wrong. he didn't eat a single cricket at this feeding. m'lynn only had about 10. weezer is shedding though... i wish my babies would eat like i hear they're supposed to eat.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Psssssst... it's just a phase... it'll come in time... don't lose sleep over it...
How are they doing now ?

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i guess they prefer chasing crickets to being fed from a jug. *shrugs* she still doesn't eat a whole bunch but at least she's eating. she's just not as big as my other guy. i wish i knew their exact age. i just read a thing online where she posted the age and length of her beardie since it was a baby and i kind of guess how old mine are by that chart. weezer is about 10 inches and m'lynn just a little less. she does have a tiny nip out of her tail though. any guesses at what age they are at 10 inches?

Latest posts