• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not really eating…

liffy22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our wee beardie - he is about 9 months now has spent a week or so not eating much - maybe 2 standard ( largeish) crickets a day and little amounts of veggies. He is pooing some day ( maybe once or twice a week) he seems quite lively - came out for a play basking yesterday today seemed a little more subdued. Should I be worried?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Our wee beardie - he is about 9 months now has spent a week or so not eating much - maybe 2 standard ( largeish) crickets a day and little amounts of veggies. He is pooing some day ( maybe once or twice a week) he seems quite lively - came out for a play basking yesterday today seemed a little more subdued. Should I be worried?
It depends on what your using for a UVB NO coils please basking temp are you taking it by digital probe thermometer? NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- how long have you had him?

liffy22

Bearded Dragon Egg
It depends on what your using for a UVB NO coils please basking temp are you taking it by digital probe thermometer? NO stick ons they are inaccurate -- how long have you had him?
We have a probe under his basking light that links to his automatic thermostat thing and a stick on for background temp. No coils heat lamp and seperate uvb light. We have had him since he was eight weeks old

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We have a probe under his basking light that links to his automatic thermostat thing and a stick on for background temp. No coils heat lamp and seperate uvb light. We have had him since he was eight weeks old
Excellent what bulb are you using a T 8 or a T 5 and what is the brand of bulb please?

liffy22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh did you mean the other bulb! A pro t5 and will find the make.
Arcadia
0CD266D6-62E4-4F48-B189-164CCF3C1981.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Basking spot 100w by Komodo?
Uvb? Brand and bulb please - this is imperative++ nevermind - it's a Arcadia good -- please place a piece of basking decor directly under the uvb 12-15 inches- bulb needs to be replaced every yr I recommend a month prior to

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Summer or winter ? Poops what do they look like? Does it smell really bad? Parasites can cause appetite loss --- I am thinking he might need to have a stool sample brought in --- NO enemas ---- take a fecal in and have them test for parasites -- are you feeding crickets?

liffy22

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is nine months / he is definitely doing more sleeping and certainly resting flat out like he is sleeping /we are in Scotland so clocks have just gone back - cold and dark till 8am and Dark again around 4-4.30 but his house etc remains the same as always.

liffy22

Bearded Dragon Egg
Summer or winter ? Poops what do they look like? Does it smell really bad? Parasites can cause appetite loss --- I am thinking he might need to have a stool sample brought in --- NO enemas ---- take a fecal in and have them test for parasites -- are you feeding crickets?
Winter. No it doesn’t smell really bad and looks like usual - yes we feed him crickets

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He is nine months / he is definitely doing more sleeping and certainly resting flat out like he is sleeping /we are in Scotland so clocks have just gone back - cold and dark till 8am and Dark again around 4-4.30 but his house etc remains the same as always.
Ok so it sounds like hes slowed down for the weather -- is he eating salads? Mine have slowed down as well eating less and its going into winter here which is common for them to do this but he is really too young to actually brumate --- mine are doing alot of sleeping and eating less too -- just keep offering him food and watch his weight -- get a kitchen food scale and weigh him in grams --- if hes losing weight then I would get a fecal in for a parasite check

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also I would look at changing out the substrate -- those rocks/ pebbles in there can cause impaction if he eats or swallows them-- you could look at getting some textured slated ceramic tile it would need to be cut w/ a tile saw to avoid jagged edges or get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner from your local home improvement store cut to the size of the tank

Latest posts