• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not growing???

Maddoxbtw

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is a female, 240 grams, and roughly 8 months old and lives in a 20 gallon tank. It doesn't look like she's grown in a while and I'm concerned because every other beardie I've seen is huge compared to her and shes almost an adult. I feed her as many veggies as she can eat in one sitting once per day and give her 10 medium dubia roaches once per day as well. Could this not be enough food??
IMG_20210913_173757.jpg
IMG_20210913_173804.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is a female, 240 grams, and roughly 8 months old and lives in a 20 gallon tank. It doesn't look like she's grown in a while and I'm concerned because every other beardie I've seen is huge compared to her and shes almost an adult. I feed her as many veggies as she can eat in one sitting once per day and give her 10 medium dubia roaches once per day as well. Could this not be enough food??View attachment 29659View attachment 29660
Your dragon needs a 75-120 gallon tank-- the smallest and not recommended is a 40 - next does the fixture for the uvb have a reflector-- what brand and bulb are you using? How old is the uvb? Uvb and basking temps are the two most important thing in the tank - temps need to be taken w/ digital probe thermometer- but I would get her into something bigger and your fixture needs a reflector if you don't have one

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ever heard of the goldfish in a bowl ? Vs the goldfish in the lake? I think there’s some truth to it, regardless, a dragon at the very minimum needs a 75gallon (but we do recommend 120) can you take a couple more pictures of ur dragon, her hips, her head, some dragons are just small, they get all their length in year one, and by year two they fill out, (at least thats been my experience, and what i was told) are the dubias gut loaded? And does ur dragon get super worms? These are good for fattening up, and ur beardy can handle them at 8months (i dont recommended them to dragons under 5months)

Latest posts