• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not Eating

Pascal Rivette

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello Fellow Slaves,

My breadie has been acting strange the last couple days... Normally I will take him out of his viv to and feed him crickets in a smaller tank as he's only about 2mths old. But the last couple of days when I put him in the smaller one he would just stand there in alert mode and not move. Eventually (after about ten mins or so) he will move but only to do his 'Glass Dance' and try to get out. So I take him out and put him back in his viv. Once in the viv I will try hand feeding him Silk Worms (which he seemed to love), but now he's not eating those either... He just stares at them.

I'm a bit worried, however it's only been 2 days and he has been eating most of his greens... But as far as meat goes, he had one cricket the other day and one silk worm yesterday.

I'll have to wait and see how today goes but should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Pascal Rivette

Bearded Dragon Egg
He shed about 5 days ago and it was a fairly big shed too so maybe that has something to do with it. His lighting and heat are spot on I believe (10.0 UVB bulbs / 110 - 115 degrees in basking and 85 on the cool side).

He seems to be coming around a bit, last night after work I tried to feed him crickets again in the smaller tank with no luck but he did however eat 5 silk worms :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They will at times go off their food for a while, but generally are not very active during this time, expend very little energy, so need very little nutrition. Keep an eye on it's weight, if there is a noticeable drastic drop in size\weight, then a Vet visit is in order. Otherwise, there is likely nothing to worry about. I have found with a couple of mine that when they were younger, that they would refuse to eat while I was there watching\distracting them, if I walked out of the room & peeked back around the corner a minute or so later, they would be pigging out. They eventually outgrew this behavior.

Good Luck :)

Latest posts