• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not eating

sarcam20

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon is going to the vet tomorrow for weight loss. They are refusing to eat greens, veggies and fruits of any kind but are still eating bugs. They are still active and still basking. They have already brumated this year and they never lose weight like this when they brumate. I’m terrified it’s going to be cancer, but everything I have read about cancer in dragons says they will be lethargic and mine is not. Is it likely to be cancer?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon is going to the vet tomorrow for weight loss. They are refusing to eat greens, veggies and fruits of any kind but are still eating bugs. They are still active and still basking. They have already brumated this year and they never lose weight like this when they brumate. I’m terrified it’s going to be cancer, but everything I have read about cancer in dragons says they will be lethargic and mine is not. Is it likely to be cancer?
Did you get your lighting and surface basking temps in order? This plays a huge roll in the eating --- blood work will need to be done at the vet --- NO enemas!!! The dragon is eating that is good - they will refuse to eat veggies if they are spoiled on insects - I have seen many dragons do this --- if he was really sick your dragon would not be eating at all but the losing of the weight is concerning -- my guess is they are going to want a fecal so I would plan to take one in - is he still pooping? 24 hr sample

Latest posts