• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not Eating

SpecialNeedsBaby

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well i have been feeding my little Minx newley malted tiny meal worms, i also crush there back before i feed them. She eats one or 2 a day. Also crickets she eats around 5 a day but those are those teeny tiny ones. Uhh she drinks water every 3 or 4 days.. She hasnt grown.. Her back legs are really tiny. What can i do to get her to eat?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The crix for now, gut loaded with those nice veggies from that nutrition list, in green.
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
I really wouldn't feed the meal worms. high in fats, low in proteins..
And dragons have difficulty digesting them as well. The shell just doesn't break down really easily.
Have you been able to find any other feeder sources near you?
Silk worms, and small horn worms, are good. Roaches.. well.. I like them ! For my dragons that is...
Speaking of that list.. you can make like a slurry from say collards/mustard/turnip leaves, with water, and those crickets, all blended up well, with a pinch of calcium, to see if that will encourage the little ones to eat.
How are they pooping ?
Are they both still basking ?
Has sphinx come out from hiding ?
Hope this helps out !

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have to agree to stay away from the mealies. They don't offer much. Janie has given you a great list.

Can I ask what your temps are?
What are you using to measure your temps?
What UV light do you use?

Temps and light often have impact on a beardie not eating.

SpecialNeedsBaby

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I bought a reptile uv light or somthing... The temp on bask side is around 100 degrees. Sphinx does just chill on logs out in the open but he looks sick.. Minx i can try that blend.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you find out what Uv light it is? Bearded dragons need a high level of UV light and not all brands on the market offer enough. UV is essential for dragons to digest their foods.

The ideal temp for a basking spot for babies is between 105F and 110F. I'd try and get your temp higher. What are you using to take your temps?

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How long have you had your beardies? Could the not eating be contributed to delayed relocation stress? Sometimes a beardie will eat fine for a few days the sto for a few as it adjusts to its' new home.Just a thought.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you can answer these questions it will really help in making sure that you have good husbandry for your beardie to flourish. But the above posts are correct in asking you not to feed mealies. They aren't a good food source for your baby beardie.

1. Age
2. Length
3. Weight
4. Basking temps
5. Are they measures with a digital thermometer
6. What % and age uvb
7. What is the substrate
8. What size tank
9. How many/big are the crix you are feeding
10. What greens
11. Are you dusting w/ a multi vitamin and calcium
12. Last poop