• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not eating veggies

ericm.palacios

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone,
I'm a noob and i have a question about my dragons eating. I have a small dragon, maybe 6 inches long (i'll post a pic), and he's not eating greens at all. He eats his crickets just fine but wont touch the greens. I tried to hand feed him greens and he just stares at my hand. Also he's not drinking any water out of his dish. I do mist him but that is it.I just got him 2 days ago. I'm not sure if that's a factor but i thought it may be.
Any suggestions on how to get him to eat his greens and have some water?

Thanks

Here are the pics
IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That fairly normal... right now baby needs proteins... What you can do, is keep offering a small amount daily, eventually baby will get interested .
Hope this helps.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, keep offering a daily salad. Give the salad first thing in the morning before the crickets. Eventually, as your dragon gets older, he'll eat his salad. Also, I like to advise babies get daily baths. Just a 20 minute soak daily will help with keeping him hydrated.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Around 100*F... Baby (human) warm bath water.. No higher than the shoulders... ALWAYS Totally supervise baths...
Hope this helps.

joe power

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
my 6 inch baby does the same, well not eat veggies. what i do is cut the hopping legs off the crix, and put them in a dish with pieces of vegies, in hopes he well grab some veg and eventually like it, no succsess yet but i say it well come in time. for water, i mist the leaves, but twice a day i takes him out and dipps my finger in water and drips itonto his nose, untill he drinks it. sotimes rubbing his cheeks and nose helps. a bath every morning in the sink so he cant get out for 10 min or so. how many crixs does your eat. mine well only eat 3 or 4 a day in the morning. not sure if its normal.

Latest posts