• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nose Plugs!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Dexter's modeling the finest dragon accessory this weekend! She knows all the other beardies are jealous :p

20141109_115719.jpg
20141109_115653.jpg

Knoteb

Hatchling Dragon
That's always a good look for Beardies. I know I'm not supposed to pick but I always think mine can breathe if I leave them in.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That's always a good look for Beardies. I know I'm not supposed to pick but I always think mine can breathe if I leave them in.

I know. I can't stay away from them either! I always rub them after their baths hoping they will come out. Dexter and Luci always shake their heads when get near them LOL!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I always help her with her nose plugs. Even around her eyes. She'll scratch herself against my fingers and I'll moisten the scales in her bath. It really makes her feel much better.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Both of mine will actually rub their heads on my finger when I hold it out. Poor babies. Dexter is doing this weird shed again. The left side of her head is super white and hard. I touched it last night and she pulled away from me, it must hurt her. Then her upper chest and right side is shedding.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He looks amazing. You can really see his beautiful coloring with the close up. He looks so healthy.

Dexter is my girl! We kept the name because it just stuck. She just woke up in the photo so she was still a little dark. She's been so sad looking today because the shed on her head is starting to come off. She has the biggest head I've ever seen on a bearded dragon! She's a pretty good eater but refuses her veggies still.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dexter is my girl! We kept the name because it just stuck. She just woke up in the photo so she was still a little dark. She's been so sad looking today because the shed on her head is starting to come off. She has the biggest head I've ever seen on a bearded dragon! She's a pretty good eater but refuses her veggies still.

She is spoiled. Poor baby. Big bad shed. :D

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She likes when I scratch her spikes where the skin is really stuck. She just closes her eyes and when I stop she give me the stink eye until I start again!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie used to love me to work on her spikes when they weren't stuck on. They'd just pop right off or slide off her. Maya's so so. She has discovered that when her eyes shed, actually rub her shed on me.

cody

Hatchling Dragon
Wow, I just looked at my dragon, also Dexter, and he had that exact same thing with his nose and iv never seen it before. That's weird that this is the first post I see when I come on lol. But he just got done shedding and he had that on his nose and some around his mouth so I picked it out of his nose.. I knew I probably shouldn't but I thought it was irritating. Hope he's ok

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You shouldn't pull them out if they are really stuck in there. I usually try rubbing them with my fingers to see if they will come out. They really hate when I pick at their faces LOL!

cody

Hatchling Dragon
I know that you should never pick shed off but this was the first time iv seen it in his nose like that,and he was not shedding anywhere els. I thought it was crust or discharge from an illness

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Everything sheds! You'll notice too when they shed the side of their face that there will be shed skin in the ear. It's all pretty cool!

omarmald

Bearded Dragon Egg
Should I help with the shedding process, I see her old skin loss around her head and leg is it okay to take it off? I'm not scraping anything of just removing dead skin...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Should I help with the shedding process, I see her old skin loss around her head and leg is it okay to take it off? I'm not scraping anything of just removing dead skin...

You shouldn't pull stuck skin off. It's tempting like a sunburn to pull it off but it could really hurt them if you do. With that said, I usually give them a good soak in the tub and then rub the skin with my fingers or a soft toothbrush. You can also use a washcloth. Sometimes I will even rub the dry skin when they are just hanging out with me. Dexter had all that skin in her spikes that is real hard for her to get off so I would rub it for her and help it loosen but I didn't tug at it. Luci gets skin that doesn't want to come off his tail and his does so I soak him good and rub some reptile shedding aid on it to help loosen it off.

Latest posts