• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

North-East Los Angeles - Dubia Roach co-op?

2pops

Bearded Dragon Egg
These crickets are soooooooooooo noisy and I've read so many good things about Dubia Roaches. I'm looking into starting a colony. My concern is having too many at some point. Anybody run into this problem? Do you share with other local beardie/herp lovers?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
To a degree you can control or slow down your colony breeding rate by lowering the temperature of the bin they are housed in.
That said when mine starts to get more than I care to feed I have not had any problems finding reptile and tarantula folks locally that want them. A simple ad placed on your local CraigsList works as well as letting your local pet shops know that you have roaches available works too.
I have given starter colonies away to a few close friends and sold both starter colonies and feeders to others in my area too.
They are extremely easy to get established and to maintain giving you a self-replenishing superior live feeder.
Enjoy!

Latest posts