• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

normal mouth shed?

Sissy Anne

Bearded Dragon Egg
Today I noticed something on Queso when he was basking that I haven't noticed before, and I'm not sure if this is normal, is because he's shedding around his mouth, is because he ate some strawberries yesterday, or if this is something I should be concerned about. Along the inside of his mouth near the tip of his snout, on top and bottom, the border of his shedding area seems red and irritated.

The picture is attached because it's not loading right with the image URL thing.
Queso Mouth Shed.jpg
It's a little hard to see the borders of the shedding area because he's in a good mood so his color is bright. When he gets dark, it's VERY obvious where he's shedding. His new skin under there is also very orange, which gives it a pink tint (that, and the strawberries he did a faceplant in yesterday).

He has a good light and takes his calcium supplements regularly, and has no symptoms of MBD. And I don't think it's mouth rot because his breath is fine and the rest of the inside of his mouth looks normal and healthy. He's eating well, pooping normal, and is active. He's due for a bath tomorrow, but I've been misting his face more than normal this week to help with the shed. he's also been rubbing his face, so I know the shed is irritating him.

Am I paranoid? Or is this something i should be concerned about?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personally, I don't see anything to be concerned about in the Pic. Very well displayed image & explanation, by the way
icon_thumright-1.gif
. Keep an eye on it, but I can't see a problem that may be an issue.

Latest posts