• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Normal ceramic tiles....

abcini

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi my viv came with sand...read this is bad. Can I use normal ceramic tiles upside down. Like the normal white ones u get in a bathroom. Also I don't have a tile cutter. I could overlap the tiles though. Would this be OK ?

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
I don't know how other people have done, but in my viv, it's huge, I've only got tiles on one side and the rest I have the floor completely lined with paper towels, makes for very easy cleanup and has kept his claws from getting out of hand. But that's just how I did mine

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
I put paper towels in a section of mine too! My beardie always goes down there to go to the bathroom!

abcini

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks but do cockroaches not just hide under the paper towels also.

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
Here is how I have mine set up

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
I feed my guy in a clear plastic bowl, I put the roaches in it then put him in the bowl with them and let him go to town. I watch him eat because they will crawl on him and if he thinks they're all gone he'll jump out with one on him. I just flick em off of him and they can't get out of the bowl.

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
If I give him crickets, I put him in one of those clear plastic carry around reptile containers with a lid, that way they can't get away and hide all over the viv.

abcini

Bearded Dragon Egg
A would rather feed her in viv a do remove uneaten roaches but not worried about leavin 1 in as they won't bite her. Also would need be a big bowl as she near 2ft. But aye thanks for sharing ur method all advice appreciated and again ur setup is neat (y)

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
I have reptile carpet in the rest of mine.. I have a small white bowl I feed him the dubias out of. He knows when the white bowl is coming, he gets all excited! I don't let the dubias roam freely in his terrarium!

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
I use a clear plastic thing I got at Home Depot that you put under plant pots so water doesn't leak out of the pot. It's the 8" one, Dooku doesn't fit perfectly, his tail stays out, I tried a bigger one but he just didn't get it. I put it in his viv and take it out when he's done. That way I know exactly how many he eats. I'll try to get a picture in the morning. He's pretty long also but he's lazy and I don't think he'd be able to chase down the roaches before they ran under paper towels.
image.jpeg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some of the stores like Home Depot or Lowes will cut the tiles.. I happen to be with my guy that is a tile and stone guy so he cut mine :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here's how I feed him. Looks like we're about to go through a head and legs shed
View attachment 14572
Yep I use the same dish :) only adult roaches are able to get out and that's because they crawl on top of eachother :) but I've found that if you take off the back legs they have a harder time...sounds mean but better than having to dig thru the tank searching for them to see if they got eaten or not

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I use a old chinese noodle dish (you can kind of see in my avatar pic)

However now Odins getting big enough for a new trick....flipping the tub...

I figured out how to keep roaches in the tub; but now I need to figure out something new....I was thinking of weighting the tub down or something.

Odys going through head, legs, tail shed right now; just did his back.

abcini

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for replies. I fed her roaches in a bowl yesterday. She only ate 2 but seemed to enjoy them. I've put in the upside down bathroom tiles usin a we bit sand to fill in gaps. Not as pleasing on the eye but I'll get slate roof tiles in future a know a roofer :).

Thanks for replies much appreciated.

Latest posts