• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nonstop glass surfacing

Sophialucas489

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got a new Beardie, around younger than 1, who isn’t really social. I’ve had him 2 weeks Having a hard time bonding as he doesn’t like anything but bugs. He also refuses to touch his salad until it’s been sitting for a day or two :/// (I tried daily salads but felt it was a waste if he wasn’t going to touch them) My main frustration is that he will not stop glass surfacing. All day. He occasionally stops to bask and then to sleep but that’s it. He’s in a 72inx24inx18in Reptiozoo all glass terrarium so I’m sure it’s not size. What is the most annoying part is that it’s only when I’m sitting on my bed. One side of the terrarium is by my bed and when I come home from school or work, I have 10 minutes before he’s throwing himself at the glass, up until it’s time to turn out the lights and go to bed. I just don’t understand it. I’m very frustrated with him at the moment because he woke me up from a very hard nap by throwing himself at the glass, he had already been glass surfacing before I went to sleep I guess he just felt the need to jump very hard onto the glass all of a sudden. He also hissed at me for the first time earlier today. I’ve tried making myself not viewable, I’ve also tried spraying him like a cat with his mister , none have worked. Would love to enjoy him but he seems to not enjoy me. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 3CC689D4-652C-4C9E-B41F-1AFF6219B6FC.jpeg
    3CC689D4-652C-4C9E-B41F-1AFF6219B6FC.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • 57F1F703-7C45-44F5-A757-E0682ADEEAC2.jpeg
    57F1F703-7C45-44F5-A757-E0682ADEEAC2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got a new Beardie, around younger than 1, who isn’t really social. I’ve had him 2 weeks Having a hard time bonding as he doesn’t like anything but bugs. He also refuses to touch his salad until it’s been sitting for a day or two :/// (I tried daily salads but felt it was a waste if he wasn’t going to touch them) My main frustration is that he will not stop glass surfacing. All day. He occasionally stops to bask and then to sleep but that’s it. He’s in a 72inx24inx18in Reptiozoo all glass terrarium so I’m sure it’s not size. What is the most annoying part is that it’s only when I’m sitting on my bed. One side of the terrarium is by my bed and when I come home from school or work, I have 10 minutes before he’s throwing himself at the glass, up until it’s time to turn out the lights and go to bed. I just don’t understand it. I’m very frustrated with him at the moment because he woke me up from a very hard nap by throwing himself at the glass, he had already been glass surfacing before I went to sleep I guess he just felt the need to jump very hard onto the glass all of a sudden. He also hissed at me for the first time earlier today. I’ve tried making myself not viewable, I’ve also tried spraying him like a cat with his mister , none have worked. Would love to enjoy him but he seems to not enjoy me. Any suggestions?
Temps in the tank will / can cause this so we need to figure out what the issue is---- please tell me what they are and how your getting surface basking temps - air temps -- and your UVB what are you using coil or a tube --- we need to start here and get this fixed if it needs fixing --- are you using any colored bulbs in the tank ? Your basking bulb is it a solid bright white bulb?

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Put him by your window glass surfing

Latest posts