• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

No water bowl

corine milum the

Juvenile Dragon
Ok removing water bowl :-( hope its the right thing to do he never drinks from it ...would like appluse pls !feels wrong ....

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
LOL! Yes, it's the right thing to do. It took us awhile to remove the water bowl. The only thing she used it for was one time she got mad at me for putting her in her tank right after her bath without letting her play and so she climbed in the bowl and tried to swim in it! Just make sure you give him regular baths and feed him his veggies and he will stay hydrated.

corine milum the

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you he gets regular forced baths!.. as he doesnt like it much he is improvin though and we always mist his food:)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Give him time and he will get used to the bath. Dexter used to hate them until I started giving her a bath in the tub. She's still not a huge fan but tolerates them a little more. I learned she likes when I run the shower head on her and she will crawl up to the spray and sit so her head is in the middle where there is no water but her body gets sprayed. Just yesterday she started to put her nose under the water, so she's figuring out more ways to give me a heart attack!

lyndz

Hatchling Dragon
I didn't think jeb drank from his water bowl either untill one day I saw him take a sneaky sip IMO it's would always be better to have it there 'just incase' he/she needs it. Mind you I live in Australia and animals can die/dehydrate in a very short time without water

Latest posts