• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

No More Sand For ME!!!!!!

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I finally got off my lazy rear and put in Rex's repticarpet, I had to measure it and stuff to fit just right so those sneaky little crickets can't hide under it. I had it cut wrong in another tank and lifted the carpet to find a cricket graveyard under there lol. Btw another update on Rex he is finally starting to enjoy his bath and swim around!!!! Anywho here is the pic of Rex's new carpet.

SAM_0023.jpg

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Looks great! Looks very clean too.

I like that idea of the tube mounted inside the viv. Where did you get a fixture like that? I would like to find something like that, because the one I have that will be used for my new enclosure I'm building, is so big and bulky. A slender one would make my problems ease a bit lol.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
That was an invaluable tip given to me by Craiger. He sent me to Wal-Mart which of all places has these fixtures for only 9 bucks!! This one held a black light in the packaging but a fluorescent socket works for any fluorescent bulb so I just took the black light out and popped the repti sun 10.0 inside then I got that thick velcro with adhesive backside (the kind they use for coat racks etc) and stuck it there. Much better than those expensive hoods that sit above the screen, which can dissipate some of the uvb.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is a great tip. I did not know/think about the regular fixtures until after I bought the expensive reptile one from Petsmart.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pssssssst... keep the black light.. great for use with leopard geckos ...

Latest posts