• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NO idea what's going on with this little one...

ieena444

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here's his current setup and how he is right now... He's eaten maybe 2 crickets today, and I think tried a bite of kale. Had to do some droplets on his snoot for him to drink.. he was cruising around his tank seemingly happy a couple hours ago, and now we're back to dark and lethargic... I know he's starting a shed (his nose is starting to lift) but my gut is telling me there's something more...

The 3rd picture is of him the other day, during one of his alert and happy periods.
@Badwolfe @Sadie

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
100 each. And yes, temp is usually around 80 every night
80 is too hot dragons like cool and dark 65-75
please get your UVB situated once that is in place w/ correct distance you should notice a difference in his behavior

ieena444

Bearded Dragon Egg
80 is too hot dragons like cool and dark 65-75
please get your UVB situated once that is in place w/ correct distance you should notice a difference in his behavior
Okay, so should I just raise my ceramic then to get it the right temp? (They're all hanging from chain so we can adjust height) and okay will do, thank you so much!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The basking temps and the UVB control the overall health and behavior of your dragon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, so should I just raise my ceramic then to get it the right temp? (They're all hanging from chain so we can adjust height) and okay will do, thank you so much!!
use your digital probe to get basking temps 105-110 which I think you have it there - so I am thinking those are good but you want that UVB to where he can get directly under it w/a distance of 6-8 inches -- once this is in place he should get rid of some of those stress marks appetite should increase he should be more colorful

Badwolfe

Hatchling Dragon
Ok first thing you want to do is rearrange your decor. You want a piece of decor directly under the basking spot but make sure it doesn't exceed 110 in temp. At the moment from what I can see in that picture his basking area directly under the light is bare. Preferably use something large that runs out from under the basking bulbs so he has the option to thermo-regulate better.

A lot of Beardies like to be off the ground when basking as it gives them better observation against ambush from predators.

The lack of appetite could very well be down to a combination of relocation stress and him not getting warm enough in the choices of basking areas he currently has. He could be picking a spot where he feels safe but not at an ideal temp. This could be the cause of him being a little lethargic and darkening his skin as he attempts to absorb more heat. You should find with a raised basking area closer to the bulbs that the surface temperature of the basking decor should be higher overall.

ieena444

Bearded Dragon Egg
@Badwolfe @Sadie ok, I lowered his UBV and kept a slight angle. I also moved his little Mayan basking platform right under the bask lights. He's eaten more in the last 10 minutes since I did that than he has in the last 24hrs

Attachments

• PXL_20220126_224924838.jpg
    PXL_20220126_224924838.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 4