• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

No aggression - they love each other

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So Baby is a girl and Ace is a boy. Ever since I got them, they've been fed together, held together, bathed together, socialized together, etc. But not housed together, of course. (don't wana go back there again!).

They have never expressed aggression or dominance to each other (other than the incident when they were housed together). Actually, when they're together, the kiss each other!

I'm surprised that Ace hasn't tried 'mounting' her? Not even blackbearding or head bobbing.

Guess they just love each other. ;D

Any comments?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Remind me of their ages? And were they hatched together?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's great that they are not housed together. Just keep a close eye on them when out and about. The male may be a bit premature for wanting to 'mount'. As they age, you may see different interactions between the two.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have always wanted to introduce Harley and Stubbs but am to scared, they are right across the room from each other, never any head bobbing, we had some in the beginning but its been ages since it has happened, its like they are more interested in each other more than anything, when one eats the other runs to their dish to eat....when they come out for a run they always go to the other tank and just look up and stare.....

We can put one of them up to the tank and they just kind of stare at each other through the glass, it is quite funny to see, with Harley laying eggs I will never have them together....no babies for me thanks ;D

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee, is it 'weird' that Ace premature for everything? Because also, he's never flared his beard or head bobbed - even when he sees Charlie.

Harley D - sounds amusing! :D When I let Charlie see Baby and Ace through their glass, he goes nuts ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't say that head bobbing and beard flaring is a standard thing that all bearded dragons do. I only saw Bernie head bob once. He puffed his beard if he didn't want to be bothered and I was taking him out.

sara

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know that I could never intorduce my 2 to each other. Gimli although male is WAYYYYY too hormonal for me to consider introducing. If I spend what he thinks of as too much time talking to ALf he gets hormonal,black beards head bobs and runs his cage..................."HEY YOU I'm over here and I am one good looking DUde please come see me........." If I don't he will run through his salad and toss it all over the viv and generally just have a hissy fit until I go talk to him and take him out and love on him.

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
When I got Tessie, I thought I would introduce them. I had Tessie on the floor and put Boogie down. He ran at her with such vengeance. I slammed my hand in between them and was bit by Boogie. Tessie could care less about Boogie but Boogie does the same thing Sara is talking about.

beardie_love

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee, I'm sorry, I wasn't being specific. I meant him not flaring or bobbing at my other dragons. Unless that's how you thought I meant it as. I hope that makes sense lol.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Melissa, we are on the same page. ;)

It's one of those things....some do it and some don't. Dragons are a finicky group....no consistencies in a lot of cases.

Latest posts